The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
melissa-2

"Vote for Rory" irks Gretzky

No but if they did he'd be the first person every to have more points in an NHL allstar game then in his actual NHL career. That's a record I'd bet my life savings on, never to be broken.

I feel bad for this Rory kid.. = what a way to get attention..

I am really hoping to see Zubov or Pronger on the ice before this guy.. it's kind of ridiculous.. Gretzky, in my opinion, is correct..

Gretzky is always correct......

[insert FightinMad Reply on how much she hates Gretzky]

|

|

|

|

|

|

V

I wonder who she'd hope would win a fight between Gretzky and Scott Stevens?

Gretzky is always correct......

[insert FightinMad Reply on how much she hates Gretzky]

|

|

|

|

|

|

V

omg, hates The Great One?!??!?! what???

She who hates the Great One, shall be punished my the almighty Hockey Gods...forever

I am really hoping to see Zubov or Pronger on the ice before this guy.. it's kind of ridiculous.. Gretzky, in my opinion, is correct..

Pretty much how I feel. :? What if he's going: "Oh man, what am I going to do when I'm voted out there? Not only is everyone else out there on that ice better than me by far, but everyone watching the game knows that I'm only here because of a sick joke?"

I'm not a hockey player, so I don't have their mentality - but if it were me out there, knowing that the only reason I was being voted for was because of how amusingly MEDIOCRE (if not BAD) I was - being essentially the "anti-All-Star" - I'd be horribly embarrassed and want it all to stop. :shock:

I'm assuming a player can revoke a personal All-Star bid? I wouldn't know one way or another - short of faking an injury, that is. :P

Pretty much how I feel. :? What if he's going: "Oh man, what am I going to do when I'm voted out there? Not only is everyone else out there on that ice better than me by far, but everyone watching the game knows that I'm only here because of a sick joke?"

I'm not a hockey player, so I don't have their mentality - but if it were me out there, knowing that the only reason I was being voted for was because of how amusingly MEDIOCRE (if not BAD) I was - being essentially the "anti-All-Star" - I'd be horribly embarrassed and want it all to stop. :shock:

I'm assuming a player can revoke a personal All-Star bid? I wouldn't know one way or another - short of faking an injury, that is. :P

The whole thing is really pointless.... all because of a cruel joke.

I'm with Gretzky on this one. It's like me starting a big campaign to vote Chris Weinke into the Pro Bowl just because his name sounds funny. That's not what it's about.

Yes. The vote for Rory, is ridiculous. Rory, I do not enjoy Rory playing..It's more entertaining watching fish swim in a bowl. . I am surprised haven't seen the "Don't Vote for Rory" campaigns yet...Either way...You know what? I still voted for him. Why? ...I love my Canes..I want the East to win. If they want to have a crappy D on the West....Fine, what floats their boat I guess. It started off as a joke since he never put any numbers up. Also, it was wanted to prove if the NHL was submitting to what the fans wanted in the line up. "Voting for a bad player...thats what we want..will you accept it or not..If not, why bother voting at all"

Pretty much how I feel. What if he's going: "Oh man, what am I going to do when I'm voted out there? Not only is everyone else out there on that ice better than me by far, but everyone watching the game knows that I'm only here because of a sick joke?"

Well, if he DOES get voted in & doesn't feel adaquate enough to play & perform at that level, then he always has the option of declining the invite to the game.

I have to side with Wayne too but, cruel pranks aside and regardless if Rory takes to the ice or declines, since the NHL balloting officials decided to include his name with the write-ins then he's as fair a game as anybody else.

I think the real sad part about this situation is that an otherwise "fair" system for every player is getting abused and is making a mockery out of the All Star Games. Personally, I don't care who wins the All Star game as long as I see the best and most appreciated players in the lineup. I imagine that I wouldn't even bother watching the game if the rest of the NHL hockey's juvenile pranksters decided to vote in some arbitrary Joe Shmo(s) who in turn kept any of the Cane's starter nominations out.

And this has what to do with the all-star game, exactly?

If y'all wanna pick on me for not fawning over Gretzky, do it in a thread about that subject.

I do agree with Gretzky here, however. This is a joke. Rory should not make the all-star game, he has done nothing to distinguish himself, and he shouldn't be chosen over players who really are all-stars.

There wouldn't be a fight between Stevens and Gretzky. That's just something that neither of them is stupid enough to do.

well, just to cheese off Gretzky i went out and voted for Rory (because i don't care who is on the western side as long as all our boys make it).

If he does get voted in..and plays out there...he just gained a helluva lot more respect.

You would respect him if he played (as a starter nontheless)? It might be a valid appointment to the starting lineup but I know I wouldn't. Not any more than I would respect Doughboy Pavel Brendl getting voted in and possibly on the starting lineup, all because of nothing but a prank and some punk's bragging rights.

It'll be interesting on how all this pans out though. I think the NHL's hands are pretty much tied this year and wonder what they'll do for next year so that a farce like this one won't happen again. I'd say it's pretty much up to Cory for now. (?) Just imagine the poor guy shows up to play - as a starter at that - and the coach doesn't play him for one second because the sleeves on his jersey are still sown shut, or as a precautionary meassure of course, because his gloves are still filled with shaving cream, his crotch still smells of BenGay or because someone ran a file over the edge of his skates. :lol: