The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney_Fisher

Hordichuk to Canucks

And I just realized this, but Georges Laraque is on the market.

I could live with him.

EDIT: I didn't see that you already posted that about Laraque.

I think Carcillo's already been re-signed, and I know for a fact that Scott "the Sherriff" Parker has been re-signed.

And yes, the Sherriff is terrifying. Don't mess with him.

I was the most excited about us trying to get Hordichuk of all the deals and trades we have talked about in the last week or so. I'm so disappointed that it didn't work out for us. I have checked 4 boards and can't find a link as to how much his contract is for. Has anybody been able to find a link about the amount of his contract?

I was the most excited about us trying to get Hordichuk of all the deals and trades we have talked about in the last week or so. I'm so disappointed that it didn't work out for us. I have checked 4 boards and can't find a link as to how much his contract is for. Has anybody been able to find a link about the amount of his contract?

"Hordichuk, meanwhile, will bring a presence to the Canucks' fourth line. The Kamsack, Sask., native signed for three years at what is believed to be $750,000 per season."

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=b13ec1ee-6946-46e4-ac7f-6cbcbdcc0004' target="_blank">http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.h...7f-6cbcbdcc0004[/post]

we couldnt afford that?

EDIT: well after checking a few sources, i'm not sure how accurate that is, seeing that TSN states that it was a 2 year deal

We could afford it but he didnt want to negotiate with us... his loss.

Brookbank is our enforcer until we get another one. He is decent and will fight anybody, but I'd like to see him win a few more fights and maybe score a few too. Would 20 points be too much to ask from a fourth line guy? IMO I would love to see Laraque, he's a great enforcer. That is if he signs cheap enough.

Brookbank is our enforcer until we get another one. He is decent and will fight anybody, but I'd like to see him win a few more fights and maybe score a few too. Would 20 points be too much to ask from a fourth line guy? IMO I would love to see Laraque, he's a great enforcer. That is if he signs cheap enough.

any idea what kind of salary he might be after? what did he make last year?

Definitely HIS loss! Guess he would rather play in Canada aye? I still hope we add some toughness or send Brookbank for boxing lessons.