The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniacal_Avaholic

Lecavalier Re-signs with Bolts

Wow... Vinny has been a franchise player but wow... 77mil over nine years is something I've not seen very much. Yikes. And if Stamkos blooms into a very dynamic goal scorer, that might hurt them.

The bolts could be a real problem for us the next couple seasons, even more so that previously. They have Malone, Roberts, Vinny, St Loius, Stamkos and according to Eklund they are working on other huge deals as we speak. These new owners are serious about making this team a competitor it would seem. I am all for this division getting better and earning respect around the NHL, but not at the cost of the Canes losing of course.

NHL live said that Kolzig's now close to signing with them.. plus Vrbata just signed.. Malone, Roberts too... man how do they have so much money??

By not having a defense apart from Boyle, who's essentially just another forward.

Anyone think 3mil for Vrbata is way too much? Sure he broke out last season but it seemed only yesterday we sent him packing.

man how do they have so much money??

The new owners are simply making a statement by spending close to the cap limit. JR doesn't wanna blow his wad before the season even begins. When it's crunch time in early Mar we can afford a rental for a playoff push.

I'm not worried about TB. Adding all these names doesn't guarantee chemistry. Hasn't NYR taught us that? Who I fear in the SE is AO and the Caps.

and now they have the rights to Rolston?? ahh... when's our big names comin in?? :huh:

Names don't play hockey. I would like some help on this, do you think after these trades and aquisitions, have they replaced Brad Richards yet?

Names don't play hockey. I would like some help on this, do you think after these trades and aquisitions, have they replaced Brad Richards yet?

no, but it's certainly spread out his former salary.