The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac23

Stillman signed with the Panthers

Wow, with all the movement, looks like we won't be the Southleast Division this season ;)

Now...if the Canes can just get it done...again :unsure:

3 year deal worth 10.6 mil. Not bad for the Cats and Stiller.

This is the icing on the worst tasting cake ever. What with Tampa going sign-crazy and fully overhauling their team from front office all the way to the ice, and now that Florida's got Stiller, I hope Pitkanen's up for the job. This is going to be a very difficult division to compete in this season.

This is the icing on the worst tasting cake ever. What with Tampa going sign-crazy and fully overhauling their team from front office all the way to the ice, and now that Florida's got Stiller, I hope Pitkanen's up for the job. This is going to be a very difficult division to compete in this season.

Yea the whole Tampa thing is incredible...they're trying to get back to the playoffs immediately it seems. Watch out.

I'm not too worried. Everyone knows Stillman's a playmaker. But since the Panthers traded Jokinen, who's Stillman going to be setting up? Now, if they had both Stillman and Jokinen, I'd be a little more nervous, but just Stillman? Nah, I don't think so.

Stillman signed for amazing cheap though, especially considering the other contracts being given to worse players. Word is that he's going to be the next Captain Cat though.

I'm not too worried. Everyone knows Stillman's a playmaker. But since the Panthers traded Jokinen, who's Stillman going to be setting up? Now, if they had both Stillman and Jokinen, I'd be a little more nervous, but just Stillman? Nah, I don't think so.

Stillman signed for amazing cheap though, especially considering the other contracts being given to worse players. Word is that he's going to be the next Captain Cat though.

Yeah, I'm not worried at all either. I'm just upset because I don't like seeing Stiller in a Panthers' uniform.

Although I think it's amusing how by going to Florida, Stillman's essentially retiring without actually retiring. :lol:

Interesting, wonder if we were ever a consideration.

I really doubt we were, the numbers I saw were 3 years for $9.6M. I'm wondering if that was correct or not, seems a bit high to me. I know it would sound high to J.R. with a log jam at forward now.

Merging with the earlier Stillman to Florida thread in "around the league"

I was reading their boards at HFBoards, and they we're very excited about having him. Said he'd probably be their next captain or an A. Best of luck to him. He'll enjoy the weather here, except during hurricane season (take it however you want it ;) )

Why Stillman, WHY??!! This sucks. Aside from the Slugs, I think most people around here hate the Panthers the next most. At least we won't see Cole or Commodore all that much, but we're gonna see Stiller a lot. The NHL's gonna look a lot different next year. With Washington losing Huet, and the Panthers still not a legitimate Cup contending team we may be good shape next year if our D really is improved. Tampa is making deals out the whazoo though so who knows if they can gel next year, but they could be really good.

I guess with Stillman to Florida and Commodore to Columbus, both for contracts that Carolina would not have paid (especially for the outrageous amount Commodore got), this makes it final that JR was the big winner in the trade with Ottawa. We still have Corvo and we were successfully able to re-sign Eaves and Ottawa is left with nothing.