The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac23

Kolzig to Tampa

I don't know what this solves really....their offense wasn't bad last year and they haven't upgraded their defense at all, Kolzig is a question mark but an upgrade over what they had previously

Before, I was hoping Tampa did well for itself... until it spend 17294872395821309857213590823740921783409217850983274 billions dollars on every single UFA out there to come play. I like Melrose, Stamkos, Jokinen, Vinny... but man... how much are the new owners going to throw around before realizing something...

Idk about you guys but I would LOVE to play Tampa the first game of the season. They will have a completely re-vamped team and probably no chemistry except for Vinny and St Louis.

I also heard I think on the radio that Kolzig will be the backup for Mike Richards, but I'd bet they split the games pretty evenly.

the tsn story about the lightning signing malone and roberts said that the ownership may now be also shopping around dan boyle and his large contract (which i believe they just extended to him last season). if that's true, with all the players they are signing up front with no attention to their defense and possibly trading their best d-man, kolzig and smith may be facing 45-50 shots a game like luongo used to in florida.

Great news, guys. I just signed a contract with Tampa Bay. They wanted Tucker or Avery, but felt I give a better bang for the buck. They're going to start me off on a 1-year, 600k contract.

Great news, guys. I just signed a contract with Tampa Bay. They wanted Tucker or Avery, but felt I give a better bang for the buck. They're going to start me off on a 1-year, 600k contract.

Ah good news, maybe this will help me in my negotiations with them. I was thinking just a 1 yr deal too, but maybe something with a little more cash :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tampa Bay sure seems to be on a feeding frenzy, with no logic that I can see. Kolzig was great in his day, but certainly seems to be way past his prime. Roberts has also seen better days. Throw Melrose in the mix, and I do not think Tampa Bay has found a recipe for success. Good for the Canes, not so for the Bolts.

Tampa Bay sure seems to be on a feeding frenzy, with no logic that I can see. Kolzig was great in his day, but certainly seems to be way past his prime. Roberts has also seen better days. Throw Melrose in the mix, and I do not think Tampa Bay has found a recipe for success. Good for the Canes, not so for the Bolts.

I don't get Tampa Bay, Melrose knows a lot about hockey ... we have to assume that he has a plan.

How does this new song in the sig thing supposed to work?

----------------

Now playing: Carbon Leaf - Desperation Song[/post]

via FoxyTunes

how did u get it in ur sig?

I have an add-on called FoxyTunes. There was a recent update that I downloaded and it was there right above the "BB Code Help" box on the bottom right. I push the button and it adds whatever song I am playing on iTunes at the moment. Seems pretty cool.

http://www.foxytunes.com/[/post]

----------------

Now playing: Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris - Red Staggerwing

via FoxyTunes