The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniacal_Avaholic

Super Joe: The Return

Mhm. No surprise here. I think we all (who follow the Avs, or at least Sakic) knew he was coming back. He still has more to give, plus last season didn't really end well (along with having the injury for so long). The Avs are a consistent Round 1 or 2 playoff team, so maybe he's thinking that just a little more good play or luck (or not running into the hockey machine called Detroit) can get him even further.

Anyways it's good for him to come back on his terms, and even better for us because we keep a living legend at least for one more season.

Great to see the one they call "Burnaby Joe" here on the West Coast back for another season, definitely one of my favourite players outside of the 'Canes and an all-around class act. Give it your all this year, Joe.

Not only great news for Colorado, it's good news for anyone who likes to watch hockey! I'm sure glad he's back for another year...

Good for Avalanche, Good for the fans, Good for the league, Good for hockey ;)

Only a year's deal ? Joe is one of those guys that you expect to see on the ice forever... I don't know if he's like Brind'amour whom we'll see stuffed and motorized and on-ice in the Brind'aRoomba version rather than retired, but Joe is another forever kinda guy.

And yeah, Joe - help the Avs squish the octupi of so-called Hockey Town when it comes time to cruelly shift their dreams overboard into Lake Huron. Gaaaaah on DE-troit!

I don't know if he's like Brind'amour whom we'll see stuffed and motorized and on-ice in the Brind'aRoomba version rather than retired,

I named my Roomba after The Captain:

hockey102.jpg