The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Falcons Prey On River Rats In Third Period

Very disguested with this team effort in the third period tonight. The whole team was playing great threw the first 2 periods tonight then just in the third period just fell apart. Leighton was playing great again tonight untill the third period. I will not put the blame on Leighton thow because he did get hurt from what I saw I think he took a puck to the throat. Could not see that good becaue Leighton was in the net down the other end of the of the ice from me. But he did get hurt but did stay in the game. After the injury he just looked horrible. But he was playing amazing again untill he got hurt.

:mellow:

That is all.

Edit: Hopefully Leighton is okay and whatnot. It seems the Rats need to start producing a bit more offensively if they want to win some games.

:mellow:

That is all.

Edit: Hopefully Leighton is okay and whatnot. It seems the Rats need to start producing a bit more offensively if they want to win some games.

Yeah they sure do.

Going into the season everyone knew the rats problem would be scoring goals. The thing that has me worried the most now besides their record is Noah Babin's performance. He just hasn't looked like the same guy who finished out the year in Albany last year and was impressive in the rookie camp and training camp. Not good along the boards, seems to lack confidence, not skating well. Hopefully these last few games have just been off days for him. Things that get me excited are Brett Carson who has been the rats best defenseman and Jerome Samson, for an undrafted player he could be a real steal.

We should still remember that this is Babin's first complete year in the AHL. His start late last season could have been a result of the fact that he was fresher than just about every player he skated against and thus looked better because of it. What he did show was potential, potential that he will have to work to reach. Shouldn't be a shock that he has been out-played by guys like Brookbank and Carson, since both were in the AHL last season and have the experience.

Is it a complete lack of effort from everyone or does it seem like a re-shuffle of the roster could fix the chemistry issues?
To be honest the only time at this point of the season I have been really disapointed with there effort is in the 3rd period of lastnights game. I mean for the most part this season the effort has been there just had some bad luck I think any way.And they picked a bad night to have a really bad game Ron Francis was in attendance lastnight.