The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
just-joe

Junior Hockey prospect update.

Thanks for the updates Chiefs, did you have to pay to watch that webcast or was it available free somewhere? I'd love to catch a couple of WHL games if they are available online somewhere.

In the OHL:

-Brett Bellemore -- 28 games-played / 3 goals / 10 assists / +6 / 35 PIM

-Harrison Reed -- 41 games-played / 7 goals / 19 assists / -3 / 28 PIM (13 games-played / 1 goal / 7 assists / -2 / 8 PIM with Guelph)

-Chris Terry -- 40 games-played / 28 goals / 40 assists / +13 / 54 PIM (#4 overall scorer in the OHL, #1 overall scorer for Plymouth)

In the WHL:

-Drayson Bowman -- 42 games-played / 29 goals / 30 assists / +29 / 49 PIM (#3 overall scorer in the WHL, #1 overall scorer for Spokane))

-Justin McCrae -- 37 games-played / 13 goals / 14 assists / -13 / 22 PIM (2 games-played / 2 goals / 1 assist / +2 with Spokane)

-Brandon Sutter -- 34 games-played / 13 goals / 13 assists / -1 / 30 PIM (#1 overall scorer for Red Deer)

In the QMJHL:

-Stefan Chaput -- 37 games-played / 17 goals / 23 assists / +7 / 42 PIM (#2 overall scorer for Lewiston)

-Stefano Giliati -- 30 games-played / 25 goals / 26 assists / +9 / 62 PIM (#1 overall scorer for Lewiston) (Not officially a Hurricanes' prospect, but interest shown this past offseason could translate into a free agent signing at the conclusion of his junior hockey career.)

In college hockey:

-Nick Dodge -- 19 games-played / 7 goals / 8 assists / 6 PIM (#2 overall scorer for Clarkson)

-Justin Krueger -- 13 games-played / 2 goals / 2 assists / 21 PIM (#2 scorer among defensemen for Cornell)

-Tim Kunes -- 19 games-played / 3 assists / 2 PIM

-Kyle Lawson -- 25 games-played / 3 goals / 12 assists / 12 PIM (#1 scorer among defensemen for Notre Dame)

-Jamie McBain -- 17 games-played / 2 goals / 9 assists / 10 PIM

Thanks for the updates Chiefs, did you have to pay to watch that webcast or was it available free somewhere? I'd love to catch a couple of WHL games if they are available online somewhere.

Yep. It's like 6 something to watch live. 3 something to watch an archive game after it's over. Go to WHL.ca and click on the WEB TV site and you can get the exact costs there.

Try these links. Looks list the ones above don't go to the pics.

McCreaBowman.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/ch...0167/McCrea.jpg[/post]

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/ch...Crea2ndStar.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/ch...167/McCrea3.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/ch...167/McCrea2.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/ch...167/McCrea1.jpg

In the OHL:

-Brett Bellemore -- 30 games-played / 4 goals / 11 assists / +6 / 35 PIM

-Harrison Reed -- 43 games-played / 7 goals / 19 assists / -4 / 26 PIM (15 games-played / 1 goal / 7 assists / -3 / 8 PIM with Guelph)

-Chris Terry -- 42 games-played / 31 goals / 41 assists / +16 / 54 PIM (#4 overall scorer in the OHL, #1 overall scorer for Plymouth)

In the WHL:

-Drayson Bowman -- 44 games-played / 30 goals / 30 assists / +28 / 51 PIM (#4 overall scorer in the WHL, #1 overall scorer for Spokane))

-Justin McCrae -- 38 games-played / 13 goals / 14 assists / -14 / 22 PIM (3 games-played / 2 goals / 1 assist / +1 with Spokane)

-Brandon Sutter -- 36 games-played / 15 goals / 15 assists / -1 / 30 PIM (#1 overall scorer for Red Deer)

In the QMJHL:

-Stefan Chaput -- 39 games-played / 18 goals / 23 assists / +6 / 42 PIM (#2 overall scorer for Lewiston)

In college hockey:

-Nick Dodge -- 20 games-played / 7 goals / 8 assists / 6 PIM

-Justin Krueger -- 14 games-played / 2 goals / 2 assists / 21 PIM

-Tim Kunes -- 19 games-played / 3 assists / 2 PIM

-Kyle Lawson -- 26 games-played / 3 goals / 12 assists / 18 PIM (#1 scorer among defensemen for Notre Dame)

-Jamie McBain -- 18 games-played / 2 goals / 8 assists / 10 PIM

The Chiefs just started a 3 game in 4 day road trip within the US Division.

Last night the Chiefs won against the Seattle Thunderbirds 5-4 SO. Both Bowman and McCrae were scoreless. Bowman was -1, McCrae has 2 min pen for slashing.

I wasn't able to listen to the game or watch it online. But according to a post on the Chiefs forum, I guess Bowman got hurt in the 2nd and didn't return. I'm not sure what he hurt or how. His status for Saturday's game is up in the air and will be a game time decision.

The Chiefs play the Everett Silvertips on Sat and the Portland Winterhawks on Mon (early game).

Sat could be interesting after the incident that occured in Spokane on Wed night. We'll see.

More to come on the updates.

Bowman still out with the shoulder injury. Chiefs off till this coming Fri and Sat.

Chiefs beat Portland 4-1 today.

McCrea was on the line with Bruton and Blackwater and had 1 assist and was +1. That line loooked pretty good together. Could be interesting choices when Bowman comes back from injury and Wahl comes back from Top Prospects game.

More to come.

News on Bowman isn't great. Looks like another week or two. I guess they are going to evaluate him this week and see. The other guys have stepped it up since he's been out. It's going to be great when he comes back.

Justin McCrae since being with the Chiefs: 11GP 3G 5A +3 4PIM. YTD totals: 14G 18A -12 22PIM. He's been playing on the same line with Chris Bruton and Judd Blackwater since Bowman has been injured and Wahl went to the Top Prospects game. That line has really clicked lately and are working well very together.

Interesting run for the remainder of the year. More updates to come.

Welcome back Drayson Bowman. In his 2nd game back after the shoulder injury Bowman gets a hattrick and score the shootout winner in a 5-4 Chiefs win over the Kootenay Ice.

Bowman's playing on the line with Mitch Wahl and Ondrej Roman now. Justin McCrae is on the line with Chris Bruton and Judd Blackwater.

Both lines seem to be working great so far.

Bowman to date: 47GP 33G 30A +32 51PIM. Fallen to 9th in WHL scoring, 2nd in goals scored.

McCrae to date with the Chiefs: 13GP 3G 6A +4 4PIM

I REALLY hope with give this kid the time he needs to develop. If he can keep up the production while he fills out his frame, he could be a true force in the NHL.

In other prospect news:

Chris Terry scored two goals and tallied an assist in Plymouth's 5-2 victory over Sault Ste. Marie. Through 50 games, he has 35 goals and 46 assists and remains #4 overall in the OHL in points.

Brandon Sutter scored a goal and tallied two assists in Red Deer's 4-3 victory over Regina. Through 44 games, he has 19 goals and 21 assists and remains the top-scorer for Red Deer. Even though his production wasn't what was expected, he is still on pace for the best season of his WHL career. With 19 goals in 44 games, he will almost certainly score more than his 20 goals in 71 games last year and 22 goals in 68 games two years ago.

Perhaps chiefs can add some details, but it would appear that Drayson Bowman fought his brother in Spokane's 2-1 victory over Kelowna yesterday. He also scored the game-winner.

Perhaps chiefs can add some details, but it would appear that Drayson Bowman fought his brother in Spokane's 2-1 victory over Kelowna yesterday. He also scored the game-winner.

Here's the video...

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Wasn't that exciting but it was fun to watch and kind of expected. I guess the last time Kelowna was in town their father wanted to see a fight between his sons. Well he got it Tue night.

The Chiefs play Kelowna again this Wed up in Kelowna. Wonder if there is going to be any excitment between the Bowmans again??

Bowman has been playing back on the line with Bruton and Wahl. McCrae has been out for 2 games with a knee injury. He hurt it on Tue against Kelowna and played Wed at Everett. They kept him out Fri and Sat. Doesn't sound too serious. While working yesterday at the arena when the boys showed up for a team meeting he came in and wasn't limping. He could be back this coming Wed.

It's been awhile since I posted on here so I thought I'd give a bit of an update on Bowman and McCrae.

The Chiefs are sitting tied for the top spot in the US Division with the Tri City Americans with 4 games remaining. 3/12 at Kamloops, 3/14 vs Portland, 3/15 at Tri City, 3/16 at Portland. The playoffs will start 3/21 but as of right now we don't know who the Chiefs are going to be playing.

Bowman's stats: 62GP 40G 38A +35 62PIM. He's 10th in scoring, 4th in goals scored, 5th in PP goals, and 3rd in GW goals.

McCrae's stats with the Chiefs: 26GP 7G 8A +6 21PIM. Season totals: 61GP 18G 21A -9 43PIM

BOwman has been back on the top line with Bruton and Wahl. For awhile there it just looked as if Bowman was just hanging around on the ice waiting for pucks to be passed to him. He's gotten more into the game as of late.

McCrae has definately been a great addition to the Chiefs. From what it sounds like, all the guys are glad he's here and he's made an impact in the locker room as well as on the ice. He's always grinding in corners and in the open for pucks.

We'll see with the last 4 games of the season have in store and then it's onto the playoffs. I'll try to give more updates, quicker than I have been.

The Chiefs played tonight for the last game of the regular season in Portland and lost in a SO 3-2. So here are Bowman and McCrae's stats from the season and their stats against Everett. I know the playoffs are an entirely new season and the past stats really don't mean much. But here you guys go anyway.

Bowman: 66GP 42G 40A +32 62 PIM (career highs in goals, assists, +/-, and PIM)

Against Everett: 7GP 2G 0A -2 4PIM

McCrae: with Spokane 30GP 8G 9A +9 25PIM, total for season 65GP 19G 22A -6 47PIM (career high in goals)

Against Everett: 6GP 2G 2A +1 11PIM

Schedule is as follows for the 1st round

at Spokane 3/21

at Spokane 3/22

at Everett 3/26

at Everett 3/28

at Everett 3/29 if necessary

at Spokane 4/1 if necessary

at Spokane 4/2 if necessary

The Chiefs have home ice advantage even though it doesn't look like it with the schedule. We've got the NCAA Women's BBall at the arena the weekend of 3/27-29.

I'll post updates during the playoffs as best I can.

Just a quick note. The Spokane Chiefs have a 3-0 1st round series lead over the Everett Silvertips with their win tonight. So far stats for Bowman and McCrae are like this.

Bowman 3GP 3G 1A +3 (1 point behind leader)

McCrae 3GP 1A -2

Both have been playing great as well as the rest of the team. It's been an exciting series, well if you're a Chiefs fan that is. We'll see what the next game or games have in store.

Thanks for the update chiefs, looks like the Chiefs will handle their business in the first-round.

For our other prospects in the playoffs:

-Chris Terry had four goals and three assists and Brett Bellemore had two assists in four games-played for the Plymouth Whalers who were swept in the first-round by the #1 overall team in the OHL, the Kitchener Rangers.

-Stefan Chaput has two goals and one assist in four games-played for the Lewiston MAINEiacs who trail the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 3-1 in their first-round series in the QMJHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaput signed at the conclusion of this series and possibly make his debut for Albany in the playoffs. Unlike Sutter, he has reached the age limit and would be able to play in Albany next season.

A few of our prospects will also be in action this weekend in the NCAA tournament. For anyone interested, a few of the games will be carried on ESPNU on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for the update chiefs, looks like the Chiefs will handle their business in the first-round.

For our other prospects in the playoffs:

-Chris Terry had four goals and three assists and Brett Bellemore had two assists in four games-played for the Plymouth Whalers who were swept in the first-round by the #1 overall team in the OHL, the Kitchener Rangers.

-Stefan Chaput has two goals and one assist in four games-played for the Lewiston MAINEiacs who trail the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 3-1 in their first-round series in the QMJHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaput signed at the conclusion of this series and possibly make his debut for Albany in the playoffs. Unlike Sutter, he has reached the age limit and would be able to play in Albany next season.

A few of our prospects will also be in action this weekend in the NCAA tournament. For anyone interested, a few of the games will be carried on ESPNU on Friday and Saturday.

Don't we have a prospect with Clarkson in NCAA hockey also?

Don't we have a prospect with Clarkson in NCAA hockey also?
Never mind I just found my answer it is Nick Dodge. The reason I was asking is because we have the NCAA East Regional here in Albany this weekend. And Clarkson is one of the teams that will be here.

Yeah. They play Friday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. against St. Cloud State. A game I hope to see as it will be televised on ESPNU.
I might go to the game since it is here in Albany.

The Spokane Chiefs just beat the Everett Silvertips in game 4 of the 1st round playoff series, winning 4 games to none.

The Chiefs will play the Vancouver Giants in the 2nd round, below is the schedule.

Game 1, Fri 4/4 in Spokane

Game 2, Sun 4/6 in Spokane

Game 3, Wed 4/9 in Vancouver

Game 4, Fri 4/11 in Vancouver

Game 5, if necessary, Sat 4/12 in Vancouver

Game 6, if necessary, Mon 4/14 in Spokane

Game 7, if necessary, Tue 4/15 in Spokane

Bowman finised the 1st round: 4GP 3G 1A +3 4PIM (4PIM was tonight for highsticking)

McCrae finished the 1st round: 4GP 1A -2

More from the 2nd round.

The Spokane Chiefs are up 2-1 in their series with the Vancouver Giants. Game 4 is on Fri 4/11 and Game 5 is on Sat 4/12, both in Vancouver. Game 5 on Mon 4/14 and Game 6 on Tue 5/15 will be back here in Spokane if needed.

Bowman looked absent a bit during the 1st game with the Giants but has since stepped it up. He's not scoring the goals like during the regular season but he's at least out there on the ice trying.

McCrae has been steady like during the regular season but has been kept off the score sheet for not of the games. He's still hustling and trying.

Stats so far:

Bowman

4GP 3G 2A +4 4PIM during the 1st Round against Everett Silvertips

3GP 2A -1 2PIM during the 2nd Round against Vancouver Giants

McCrae

4GP 1A -2 during the 1st Round against Everrett

3GP 1A +1 during the 2nd Round against Vancouver

Things are looking great for the chiefs right now. They've got the giants down 3-2 with a 4-0 win tonight and game 6 is at home. Knocking out the defending memorial cup champs would be a huge boost.