The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
just-joe

Junior Hockey prospect update.

The Spokane Chiefs won tonight 3-1 and beat the Vancouver Giants 4 games to 2 and now move onto the Western Conference Finals against the Tri City Americans.

Game 1 on Fri 4/18 and Game 2 on Sun 4/20, both games in Tri. The rest of the schedule has yet to come out.

Bowman finished the series with 6GP 1G 4A +1 2PIM (Playoff totals 10GP 4G 6A +5 6PIM)

McCrae finished the series with 6GP 2A +2 (playoff totals 10GP 4A +1 2PIM)

Should be a good 3rd round.

The Spokane Chiefs won tonight 3-1 and beat the Vancouver Giants 4 games to 2 and now move onto the Western Conference Finals against the Tri City Americans.

Game 1 on Fri 4/18 and Game 2 on Sun 4/20, both games in Tri. The rest of the schedule has yet to come out.

Bowman finished the series with 6GP 1G 4A +1 2PIM (Playoff totals 10GP 4G 6A +5 6PIM)

McCrae finished the series with 6GP 2A +2 (playoff totals 10GP 4A +1 2PIM)

Should be a good 3rd round.

The Chiefs beat the Americans tonight 1-0 49 seconds into OT 2. Bowman and McCrae were both pointless tonight.

Here's the rest of the schedule

Game 2 Sun 4/20 @ Tri

Game 3 Mon 4/21 @ Spokane

Game 4 Tue 4/22 @ Spokane

Game 5 Sat 4/26 @ Tri if necessary

Game 6 Mon 4/28 @ Spokane if necessary

Game 7 Tue 4/29 @ Tri if necessary

The Chiefs beat the Americans last night in 2OT 4-3. Bowman had two goals and misse a penalty shot that would have given him a hat trick and won the game in OT.

Chiefs now lead series 3-2 with game 6 in Spokane on Mon. Game 7 if needed will be Tue in Tri.

McCrae has been busting his a## but hasn't scored. He's come real close a couple times but the puck isn't bouncing his way.

The Chiefs beat the Americans last night in 2OT 4-3. Bowman had two goals and misse a penalty shot that would have given him a hat trick and won the game in OT.

Now thats what I call getting back into the offensive flow for Bowman.

I wonder if the tightness of skating in the post season was the reason he did less the last series? Perhaps this will be like taking the lid off the genies bottle!

McCrae has been busting his a## but hasn't scored. He's come real close a couple times but the puck isn't bouncing his way.

Great to hear about Spokane's success, hopefully they'll go all the way.

I just noticed that through the "four complete seasons in the WHL" rule, McCrae will be eligible to play in the AHL next year. From what you've seen, is he ready to make that jump?

Great to hear about Spokane's success, hopefully they'll go all the way.

I just noticed that through the "four complete seasons in the WHL" rule, McCrae will be eligible to play in the AHL next year. From what you've seen, is he ready to make that jump?

I'm not sure if he would be really ready to jump to the AHL. He skates and passes very well. He busts his a## like I said and digs for the pucks everywhere on the ice. Scoring touch isn't quite there but it's not from trying.

If he did move up to the AHL next season, I think the 1st year would be an adjustment year and a good time for him to pick up what he would need to move on. I can see him being a very good player for the AHL or even NHL (in a couple years). That's just my opinion though and could differ from other people here.

Bowman I think is more ready talent wise for the AHL than McCrae. I just wonder about the non talent part of the game. Basically meaning the total work ethic. He seems to wait around for pucks to be dug out of the corners. But again that's just my opinion.

It would be great for the Chiefs to go all the way to the Cup but Tri is a very tough team and I wouldn't be surprised if this series doesn't go the full 7 games. Not completely sure about Lethbridge. I didn't follow them during the season and the Chiefs only played them once. I'm just looking forward to Mon for game 6, one game at a time. :P

The Spokane Chiefs beat the Tri City Americans last night 4-1 to win Game 7 and the Western Conference. The Chiefs will take on the Lethbridge Hurricans for the WHL title.

Game 1 in Spokane Fri 5/2

Game 2 in Spokane Sat 5/3

Game 3 in Lethbridge Tue 5/6

Game 4 in Lethbridge Wed 5/7

Game 5 in Lethbridge Fri 5/9, if needed

Game 6 in Spokane Sun 5/11, if needed

Game 6 in Spokane Mon 5/12, if needed

The Chiefs played the Hurricanes once during the regular season.

Bowman had 1A and was -1

McCrae played the Hurricanes while with Saskatoon 3 times. He had 1G and was -5

Stats from the Tri series and the playoff totals:

Bowman 7GP 4G 1A -2 2PIM (17GP 8G 7A +3 8PIM)

McCrae 7GP 1A 10PIM (17GP 5A +1 12PIM)

Drayson Bowman scored the first two goals of the game and the Spokane Chiefs defeated the Lethbridge Hurricanes 4-1 in game one of the WHL Finals.

The Spokane Chiefs completed a sweep of the Lethbridge Hurricanes (4-1 win last night) and are the WHL Champs. The will be heading north to Kithchener ON for the Memorial Cup.

Fri 5/16 Kitchener vs QMJHL

Sat 5/17 Chiefs vs Belleville

Sun 5/18 Chiefs vs Kitchener

Mon 5/19 Belleville vs QMJHL

Tue 5/20 Chiefs vs QMJHL

Wed 5/21 Kitchener vs Belleville

Thur 5/22 Tie Breaker if needed

Fri 5/23 Semi final

Sun 5/24 MC Championship

Kitchener is the host team and is automatically in. Belleville is the OHL representative. The QMJHL representative has not been decided as of yet.

Stats

Bowman 4GP 3G 2A +2 (21GP 11G 9A +5 8PIM)

McCrea 4GP 2A +2 2PIM (21GP 7A +3 14PIM)

It's nice to see Bowman actually improve statistically as the playoffs played out. Most of the time, you'll see guys run out of gas towards the end but he really stepped up his play and ensured his team a championship.

Hey all. I had a blast posting updates and stuff on Bowman and McCrae this season and look forward to doing the same next season. Maybe there will be another Chiefs to be added to the list.

Everyone have a good summer and I'll talk to you later.