The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Another Shutout; River Rats Blank Bears 2-0

YEAH MICHAEL!!! Sounds like he's really doing well there for you guys and is working really hard.

Can't wait to see him in January in Norfolk!

YEAH MICHAEL!!! Sounds like he's really doing well there for you guys and is working really hard.

Can't wait to see him in January in Norfolk!

He is doing amazing for us. Yeah he is working really super hard for us.

Yay for Michael! The better he does for the franchise this year, the better it will be....well, nevermind ;)

And Bayda recorded an assist tonight, very nice.

Congratulations to the Rats for the win!

That's really great to hear about Michael. I am rooting for him to have a great year this year for us. :D
If he continues to play the way he is playing now he is going to be unbeatable this season. He is just on a tear right now. I am sure glad the Canes picked him up.

That's excellent! It's nice to see he's really getting a chance finally and flourishing in the system the Rats run.

I'm glad they picked him up too!

I am glad we got him too. I really love his style of goaltending, and I am not sure how he is up there, but when he was playing here he was very vocal to the team even when he was on the bench and a lot of teams need that from time to time.

Leighton for Bastien and Holmes.

Nah thats alright thanks. Why would we get rid of our awesome AHL goalie when he needs the practice for any future endeavors with this franchise.

Edit: I am a complete blonde. That is all.

Nah thats alright thanks. Why would we get rid of our awesome AHL goalie when he needs the practice for any future endeavors with this franchise.

Psst...Bastien and Holmes are awards. Best goaltender in the AHL and least goals allowed, respectively.

Geez, I was at the game, drove straight back to my hotel so I could let everyone know how it went - and I barely made the first page of posts. Leighton looked very good positionally. Sometimes a goalie gets a shutout with a lot of luck, but I think there was only one chance by the Hershey Bears where Leighton was not really positioned well.

The guys had pretty good pressure all night. It started out like it was going to be a whole lot of fighting with a little bit of hockey (I think 2 fights in the first 10 minutes), but then it settled down into a pretty good game.

Congrats to the River Rats for another 'W'.

Nice to see Bayda getting an assist as well. Since there is no mention from any Caniac about Bayda getting reassigned right after the Habs game, I hope he is taking it in good stride. I also hope that his reassignment had nothing to do with his scrap in front of Huet when the goal was disallowed.

Well I am sure it had something to do with it. We all know Lavi doesn't like the whole fighting thing. One of them had to go since Colesy was coming back and that probably made the decision that much easier. Not to mention Aucoin has played really well setting up some nice plays and whatnot.

Bayda was just sent down because of the numbers game. Ran out of room and in the previous two games Aucoin had 2 assists and was playing better. I'm sure it wasn't because of the untimely fight as I bet he heard enough about that from his team mates.

What happened to this forum since I left? I feel stupid for not being able to use this. Marcus! Teach me!

Anyway, I just thought it was worth noting that half of the players on the Bears are new this season. I felt it necessary to defend my team, and that's all I could come up with.

I'd also like to point out that nobody wished me a happy birthday, and I will continue to be bitter about that. (heh, I crack myself up.)

That is all.

....now if I can just find the post button.....