The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Genedoc

Season Opener not availble on TV?

I'm disappointed too...but, can see their point...I guess...

If it was on TV, some people may not actually go to the game....

even if it disappoints us out-of-towners...

EDIT - Aggghhh..so focused on the Canes...I spaced.

So, after spending the last half hour looking, I cannot find any way to watch the season opening games. Not available on NHL Center Ice. Only available on CBC, which we don't get, and NHLNetwork, which we also don't get (Time Warner Cable). Vs is currently showing a hunting show. Awesome way to run a league, fellas. "Let's open the season and make the game as difficult to view as possible!"

I'm disappointed too...but, can see their point...I guess...

If it was on TV, some people may not actually go to the game....

even if it disappoints us out-of-towners...

I dont know about you but its highly unlikely that I'd be going to the game today in Prague. Televised or not. ;)

So, after spending the last half hour looking, I cannot find any way to watch the season opening games. Not available on NHL Center Ice. Only available on CBC, which we don't get, and NHLNetwork, which we also don't get (Time Warner Cable). Vs is currently showing a hunting show. Awesome way to run a league, fellas. "Let's open the season and make the game as difficult to view as possible!"

Genedoc, are you in Raleigh? I have TWC also and I have NHL Network. I pay $3 a month for it and am watching NYR vs TB right now.

Genedoc, are you in Raleigh? I have TWC also and I have NHL Network. I pay $3 a month for it and am watching NYR vs TB right now.

Yeah, had to call and order the Digital Sports Tier to get the NHLNetwork. It should come with Center Ice, but oh well, at least I'm getting to watch hockey. Tampa's D looks harrific.

Yeah, had to call and order the Digital Sports Tier to get the NHLNetwork. It should come with Center Ice, but oh well, at least I'm getting to watch hockey. Tampa's D looks harrific.

I agree, really lackluster D for Tampa.

I watched Saturdays game on NHL Network and Sundays game between the Lightning vs. Rangers on Vs. HD. I know VS is showing the Red Wings game tommorrow night and then the Face Off 2008 concert after that.

For those without tix to the game or a friend with NHL Network, you might want to head over to Blinco's. I know they have NHL Network. If they don't have that channel on for some reason when you go, just ask. They are good to oblige requests like that. We like Blinco's- even if we're not there for a meeting or a specific game. I really like the sound box you can get, so you can listen to "your" game (or whatever) as you watch it.

are you sure its not going to be on center ice? i went through the guied on center ice and it says it is scheduled to show the game.. carolina's feed and tampas

are you sure its not going to be on center ice? i went through the guied on center ice and it says it is scheduled to show the game.. carolina's feed and tampas

I think they meant the season openers that were overseas.