The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Leighton Foils Binghamton Again

Another fantastic game by the whole team again. And Michael Leighton well what else can I say about him. I think you guys know how he has been.

Nice to see Samson continue his impressive rookie campaign and Borer score the first goal of, what I hope will be, his fantastic career in the Hurricanes' organization.

Really sounds like the team is on a bit of a roll at the moment. Everyone plays hard and everyone wants to chip in. I listened to the game last night and perhaps the strangest call you'll ever hear is Wade Brookbank trying to set up Trevor Gillies for a shot.

Yay for Michael yet again! What a great pickup by JR to have him as our 3rd goalie. I'm glad he's doing so well in our system. Can't wait to see him in action in Norfolk in January! :)

he has been playing VERY well! a .947 sv% and 3.2 GAA. he is a stud, but his team in front hasn't been helping him out nearly as much. 3 of their 5 games won with him in net (9 games played total for him) were him shutting out the opponent. its almost like he has to get a shutout for them to win. if he were to come up here, he would play AMAZINGLY. i KNOW it isnt the same level, but he has the poise required.

I really wish there was some way for people in Carolina to see the River Rats in action.

Anyone know if there is a free webcast available anywhere?

I would also echo the sentiment of shane, Leighton has been a stellar AHL goaltender as far back as '01-'02. His problem, much like Aucoin, is that his AHL dominance has never translated to the NHL level.

You're overrating him. He will be a solid nhl goalie but not a standout.

he will be a standout among rookie goalies. although, it may be hard, with Pavelec and Labarberra out there. But with only 2 to compete with, he may do VERY well.

oh ok. interesting. i didnt know he had played before. i thought he was just a Habs prospect when we got him from them.

Yeah, he's been around quite a while. He has 47 starts at the NHL level to his credit, most of those were with the Chicago Blackhawks (which were the team that initially drafted him in 1999), but he also played for the Nashville Predators and the Philadelphia Flyers at different times last year.

He would seem to be viewed as a valuable third goaltender around the NHL as he has been constantly picked up through waivers nearly everytime he has been placed on them. Although he only played with the Predators and Flyers last season, he also spent time on the roster of atleast three other teams (Anaheim, Buffalo, and Montreal).