The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Thrashers release third jersey

Is that their football jersey? What's up with the big numbers on the front?? And numbers on their gloves too? Weird! I guess they're expecting the refs to be calling lots of penalties on them and want them to get the guilty party right! :lol:

Is that their football jersey? What's up with the big numbers on the front?? And numbers on their gloves too? Weird! I guess they're expecting the refs to be calling lots of penalties on them and want them to get the guilty party right! :lol:

You know, the whole jersey was confusing me so bad, I never even noticed the rather LARGE number on the front. :o

My first thought was that they think they'll sell more if they look more like UGA. But the numbers on the gloves might just be Kovalchuk's gear, not necessarily a team thing.

No, that's not a UGA theme. That looks like they looked at their Philips Arena roomates, the NBA's Hawks, and said, "Hey, let's look like them." Though why anyone would WANT to look like the Atlanta Hawks is beyond me.

I mean, if they REALLY wanted to rip the Hawks off, at least they coulda used this motif.

That is horrid!

Whew...we are lucky the Canes didn't use their designers :lol:

http://thrashers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=385554' target="_blank">http://thrashers.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=385554[/post]

Hmmm...wow....I dont know. I really liked their other third jersey in the blue. This looks very.....confusing.

kovalchukside_600.jpg

Yeah I don't get what's up with the number on the front, but on the gloves seems totally normal to me; the guys need to know whose gloves are whose afterall.

Maybe management decided to try and fix the Thrasher's tendency to play for the name on the back of the jersey with some reverse psychology by making the front look kinda like the back.

But yeah those jersey's do look a lot more like the Hawks old color scheme and designs than UGA (and perhaps the only nice thing I'll say about UGA is they do have classically simple, traditional jerseys so the Thrashers would have been better off actually trying that look). But I think the color is an attempt to justify the tendency of that arena to have a lot of red going on regardless of opponent, at least that was the case for a lot of games I went to that weren't even Canes games when I lived there.

The striping's not bad, but here are my beefs with it:

-The wordmark is too small and highly positioned.

-The front numbers are too big.

-The shoulder logo is ginormously huge.

Fix those and it gets better.

I still think the Thrashers' best uniforms were their original navy and maroon ones, with the T-bird logo on it. I actually own one, and plan on putting Dan Snyder's name and number on it whenever I get the chance.

i can asure you that all thrashers fans are either just ok with this or despise it and we hope that by not buying them the team will decide to stop wearing them

the number on the front is my only problem with it

this is not the nba

the maroon is supposed to hark back to our original home jerseys before they were replaced by the blue and well...it doesn't

and the numbers on the gloves are just particular to the players gear, not the jersey itself

there is a non posed picture of our alternate captains in them that makes them look slightly less bad but all in all easily the worst thrasher jersey ever created

i wish we would make our away jerseys our home as well

i can asure you that all thrashers fans are either just ok with this or despise it and we hope that by not buying them the team will decide to stop wearing them

the number on the front is my only problem with it

this is not the nba

the maroon is supposed to hark back to our original home jerseys before they were replaced by the blue and well...it doesn't

and the numbers on the gloves are just particular to the players gear, not the jersey itself

there is a non posed picture of our alternate captains in them that makes them look slightly less bad but all in all easily the worst thrasher jersey ever created

i wish we would make our away jerseys our home as well

At least they're better than the Slug. :)

Gotta be a reason teams are wearing thier 1980's jersies as third's... just cant quite put my finger on it though.

Oh that's right, they didn't look like butt.

Yea, I don't like it. It doesn't look like a hockey jersey, and it looks really disportional.

If I was a Thrashers fan I wouldn't by that jersey, and for their own sake, I hope it doesn't sell well.