The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Rats Upend Admirals

Borer is doing really well, and Carson and Babin have been steady all year from what I can tell. Any of the 3 would be great additions on the blue line up here.

Here is the thing with AHL dmen though, they can bump around guys down there, but they are still too small to come up here and battle pucks and whatnot. They would be easily leveled. Which is why JR didn't just call up an AHLer instead of signing Tanabe.

I'm sure not, and I dont think Cam feels too threatened by Grahame. Cam's a young competetive guy that has achieved so much so early in his career, I think a little healthy competition would do him some good.

You're right, it would do him good. I'd really like to see that. Maybe that's the way to motivate him.

I can't help but think that it scare the beejeezus out of our D corps... a large part of a shut-out is the way the D plays in front of a goalie... How are Borer, Carson and Babin doing?
Borer has been our most steady dman all season long. Carson is doing o.k. And as for Babin he has been in and out of the lineup all season long. He is currentaly out with a broken cheek bone.

From what I've heard, Babin is in quite a bit of a sophomore slump. Only one assist in ten games-played and he has the lowest +/- ratio of any of our defensemen (-2).

I think you let Babin, Borer, and Carson continue to play in Albany the rest of this year. I know we have our defensive struggles, but that isn't a reason to potentially ruin the development of one of our top prospects. If they need an offensive boost, I think you look at Flood. He has experience at the professional level and is at the stage of his career where he'll either need to take that step to the NHL or resign himself to the fact that he is a career AHL player.