The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GhoulieGirl

Leighton

That is a really awesome article! I am glad Leights knows what he has to do this year, and apparently would like to stay in this franchise after this year as well. :)

Great article! I'm glad he's doing so well in Albany for us and is really working hard to earn a spot here next season. Sounds like he enjoys it in this franchise and has made a good impression on Tom Barrasso as well!

Can't wait to see him next month! :)

Me too!!!! I'm sure he's gonna play awesome. Last time I heard they didn't have jersey t-shirts. That would be awesome if they did so we could show our support!

I really hope they sign him next year and we have a new back up goalie. He wants it, and he will play to get it! I love the fact that he has impressed everyone, including the right people. Rock on Leighton!!!!

They need to make us some teeshirts! We NEED them! LOL :lol:

I love how Leights has become a fan favorite up here basically after playing a couple preseason games and then rocking the AHL.

It's really good that Barrasso is impressed with him because that's what really matters to make sure Leights is up here at the end of the season.

aww! Yay for him!! I like his attitude and how he isn't complaining about him not making it. He is content with just playing in Albany for right now and getting his chance next season! what a great article! :)

If they make jersey t-shirts, they will sell them all in January once we get there! :)

He really does have a great attitude about being there and being #3 for now and that's really good to see.

If Grahame doesn't turn it around soon though, I think JR will have no choice but to give Leighton a shot. Only time will tell.....as for right now, let him get all the play time in he can.

If Grahame doesn't turn it around soon though, I think JR will have no choice but to give Leighton a shot. Only time will tell.....as for right now, let him get all the play time in he can.

I believe that too. I would love to see him give Leighton the chance, but not at the expense of losing him. I feel that he is just happy to be playing, and making a name for himself. I loved watching him during the preseason. So if he isn't up by year's end, there is the possibility that Grahame may not get resigned and Leighton get the job, providing Grahame keeps on the track he's going.

Back on topic, I'm very happy for Leighton! Rock on Leighton!

aww! Yay for him!! I like his attitude and how he isn't complaining about him not making it. He is content with just playing in Albany for right now and getting his chance next season! what a great article! :)

Haha, well it's not like things arent going well in Albany though. I mean, I'd be content with playing there if I was blowing away previous team records!

i agree with that

and hopefully JR will realize it sooner rather than later

go get them leights :)

Its not like he won every game during the preseason when he was here. :rolleyes:

His loss was a close one. His win was also a close one.

I wouldn't say Leighton's got a fanbase here. I'd say that enough people are tired of Grahame that they'll take anyone.

That might be partially it, but look at how many of us are going to Norfolk. I am not just going to see him, but it is a big reason.

I know countless amounts of people who were impressed with Leights' style here in the preseason. I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a fan favorite or anything, just saying he has a bunch of us backing him up. As I recall there is at least one Leighton sig on this board.

Um, I personally would not take "just anyone" to replace Grahame. What would be the point of that? I like the way Leighton played while he was here and the way he really wants to be part of this organization and is making the most of his opportunity in Albany.

His loss was a close one. His win was also a close one.

I wouldn't say Leighton's got a fanbase here. I'd say that enough people are tired of Grahame that they'll take anyone.

i agree with being tired of grahame

but leighton showed us a lot during preseason, doing a good job (not winning every, but not losing every one)

and with what hes done up in albany

id say hes got some fan support here

hes got mine :)

I'm not saying Leighton doesn't have any fans, but let's be honest here. The average Cane fan has no idea we've even got a farm team in Albany, let alone how great Leighton's doing in it.

And I still stick to the belief that 2 preseason games is hardly enough to judge someone's talent.

I have talked with Leights a few times since he has been here and have watched every home game in person and been to a few road games and he does have a great attitude for a guy in the minors and he is the hardest worker on the team as you guys can tell. As well as in NC he is the most popular player here in Albany as well. The whole city of Albany loves this guy.

I have talked with Leights a few times since he has been here and have watched every home game in person and been to a few road games and he does have a great attitude for a guy in the minors and he is the hardest worker on the team as you guys can tell. As well as in NC he is the most popular player here in Albany as well. The whole city of Albany loves this guy.

Good for him, sounds like he'll fit right into the locker room here when his time comes.

Good for him, sounds like he'll fit right into the locker room here when his time comes.

Yeah I think he would fit in well in the locker room with the Canes. I think he would be an awsome backup up there.

Yeah I think he would fit in well in the locker room with the Canes. I think he would be an awsome backup up there.

I agree. He's the main reason I am going up to Norfolk next month. I want to watch him play. Only a couple games here in the preseason was a small taste. If I could figure out how to do a sig, I would have one of him. I'm really hoping that he comes here next season. I should check the Albany website and see if they have any T-Shirts with players names on it. That would be great. If not, my plan is to wear my Gerber jersey since it sports the number 29, which is what he is wearing in Albany. :)