The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

River Rats Hand Marlies Sixth Loss Of The Season

Well another very very solid performance by the Rats. Tonight was against the second best team in the whole AHL. Another solid performance also by Leights. The only goal he gave up was just a nice hard shot by former Rat Derrick Walser. The team came ready to play again tonight and got a solid showing. Did not let it get to them that they were playing the second best team. The whole team just bared down.

So glad to hear they are doing well. Less than a month away from my trip to Norfolk to see them...I cannot wait!!! And I was looking at the standings and the Admirals are 14th...does that mean I have a very good chance of seeing the Rats win that night??!

So glad to hear they are doing well. Less than a month away from my trip to Norfolk to see them...I cannot wait!!! And I was looking at the standings and the Admirals are 14th...does that mean I have a very good chance of seeing the Rats win that night??!
Well if the Rats contiune to play the way they are yeah you should have a good shot at seeing a win. And right now Norfolk is the worst team in the whole AHL.

Admirals are 10-21-1-2?? Wow....thats a pretty unimpressive record LOL
Yeah Norfolk is Tampa Bay's AHL team and for the past 5 years or so Tampa Bay's AHL teams have been really really poor. Finishing last every year.

Yeah Norfolk is Tampa Bay's AHL team and for the past 5 years or so Tampa Bay's AHL teams have been really really poor. Finishing last every year.

Maybe they should adopt Torts' style of coaching so they can be top......oh nm..... :lol:

Yeah true :lol:

It was nice to see Pat Dwyer back in the lineup this weekend. He was out of the lineup for over a month. I believe I read he was out from November 24th or 25th until December 7th. Was it the same injury he was out with or was it 2 different injuries. I wish he would start scoring more goals or start accumulating the points.

Welcome Back Pat!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Really happy to see Samson continue to put up the points as well as Nolan. He didn't whine about the demotion, he just went to Albany and scored more goals. Good to see.

Really happy to see Samson continue to put up the points as well as Nolan. He didn't whine about the demotion, he just went to Albany and scored more goals. Good to see.
Yeah Nolan does not really seem to be to disapointed that he was sent back. Saturday night in the game we beat Philadelphia he scored a goal and he went crazy like he never scored before. Seems just happy that he is playing well. Glad to see him not letting it get to him about beeing sent back. That is one thing I notice as a difference between having New Jersey and Carolina as parent teams. When ever New Jersey would send a player down that player would come down with this major attitude as well I to good for this league I do not need to play hard I am getting paid anyway I do not care it we win or not and I will get back up to the NHL. And with the Carolina players I mean I am sure they are disapointed about being sent down but they come back and they work hard try to win every game and try to earn there back to Carolina. That is why I love haveing the Canes as a parent team because the players care about winning and try to earn callups and try to win every game. They are the hardest working team I have seen in a long time.

Can we trade teams? :P Rats for Canes (sorry still bitter about our New Year's Eve game <_< ).

I'm really proud of what the Rats have accomplished this season. I wish them the best. :)

I hope I will be able to make it up to Norfolk on the 26th.

Can we trade teams? :P Rats for Canes (sorry still bitter about our New Year's Eve game <_< ).

I'm really proud of what the Rats have accomplished this season. I wish them the best. :)

I hope I will be able to make it up to Norfolk on the 26th.

No we can not trade teams :P

Hey now Erwin!

I will keep my team thanks! Now maybe make a few swaps...like keeping Brookbank up here, maybe swapping out a certain netminder :D

Hey now Erwin!

I will keep my team thanks! Now maybe make a few swaps...like keeping Brookbank up here, maybe swapping out a certain netminder :D

Just curious but what has Brookbank done to make you think he belongs up here? Sure, there's the fact that he could fight, and that might scare people, but he hasn't done anything. Anyways, apparently McGrattan will be a cane very soon according to some random person on another message board haha

Hey now Erwin!

I am not telling you anymore you can not have Leights :P . And we do not want Graham :P

I am not telling you anymore you can not have Leights :P . And we do not want Graham :P

But, but he stopped at least 50% of the shots he faced in the 2nd!!! Who is better than that? No one :lol: