The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Petruzalek Shoulders Albany To 3-2 Win In Norfolk

Well tonight I thought the team was really inconsitant. One minute they looked awsome the next minute they looked horrible. Back and forth all night of looking good one minute and horrible the next. The offication was out right horrible tonight. Seemed like everytime a Rats player touched someone they were going to the penalty box. And I do not know how many times tonight Joey Mormina got slashed or boarded tonight with no call at all. Leights once again was amazing in the pipes for us.

Leights once again was amazing in the pipes for us.

When is Leights NOT amazing for you guys? Amazing is Leights' middle name

(That was rhetorical btw)

We just got back from our Norfolk trip seeing the Rats win in overtime 4-3 yesterday (Saturday 26th game)----IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Seeing Leighton in the goal, Bayda, Nolan, Conboy, Aucoin, and Borer again was awesome (it almost felt like being with the Canes)! we saw a lot of Canes fans there too. It was the 1st time I was in an opposing team setting, very intimidating. We sat behind where the Rat players came in and out of their dressing room where we shot twice. We took some family who had never been to a hockey game---they loved it! We saw a man throw a beer bottle at the Rats players when we won in overtime 4-3 (he was taken out by the security officers). I was actually wanting to see a shoot-out and then win, but it was great we won in overtime with less than 30 seconds left.

Being a Naval base it was unreal seeing so many NHL jerseys in one arena, it was pretty cool. This was not an arena where you wanted to be mouth off about your opposing team being so great and winning-lol. This trip was worth every penny we spent!

It was great to see the guys making smart passes and plays and working as a team especially being down 2-0 in the 3rd period and coming back to tie with less than 1 minute left and then win in overtime. All our goals were on powerplays! Conboy and another Rats player's fights were fun to watch, Conboy didn't take no lip man, he was awesome.

Good Luck and GO RATS!!!

We just got back from our Norfolk trip seeing the Rats win in overtime 4-3 yesterday (Saturday 26th game)----IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! Seeing Leighton in the goal, Bayda, Nolan, Conboy, Aucoin, and Borer again was awesome (it almost felt like being with the Canes)! we saw a lot of Canes fans there too. It was the 1st time I was in an opposing team setting, very intimidating. We sat behind where the Rat players came in and out of their dressing room where we shot twice. We took some family who had never been to a hockey game---they loved it! We saw a man throw a beer bottle at the Rats players when we won in overtime 4-3 (he was taken out by the security officers). I was actually wanting to see a shoot-out and then win, but it was great we won in overtime with less than 30 seconds left.

Being a Naval base it was unreal seeing so many NHL jerseys in one arena, it was pretty cool. This was not an arena where you wanted to be mouth off about your opposing team being so great and winning-lol. This trip was worth every penny we spent!

It was great to see the guys making smart passes and plays and working as a team especially being down 2-0 in the 3rd period and coming back to tie with less than 1 minute left and then win in overtime. All our goals were on powerplays! Conboy and another Rats player's fights were fun to watch, Conboy didn't take no lip man, he was awesome.

Good Luck and GO RATS!!!

Glad that you guys had a great time and the Rats were able to pull out a win for you Canes fans that made the trip up to Norfolk to see the boys play. The Rats are back in Norfolk again in April for another 2 game set hope you guys can make the trip up again because the River Rats booster club has a trip down for those 2 games. I will be on that trip and I would love to meet some of you guys.

Glad that you guys had a great time and the Rats were able to pull out a win for you Canes fans that made the trip up to Norfolk to see the boys play. The Rats are back in Norfolk again in April for another 2 game set hope you guys can make the trip up again because the River Rats booster club has a trip down for those 2 games. I will be on that trip and I would love to meet some of you guys.

When is it?