The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ncz82

Ranger's prospect Cherepanov dies in KHL game

As more information arises, this situation seemed completely avoidable. An ambulance takes 20 minutes to get there? The portable defibs aren't working correctly? What an absolutely poor showing by the KHL, especially after the Jiri incident.

You've got to feel for Jagr too. That quote they had earlier really gets to you.

As more information arises, this situation seemed completely avoidable. An ambulance takes 20 minutes to get there? The portable defibs aren't working correctly? What an absolutely poor showing by the KHL, especially after the Jiri incident.

You've got to feel for Jagr too. That quote they had earlier really gets to you.

I agree. They said the ambulance just left, but why send the ambulance away when the game is still going on. Injuries happen in a matter of seconds, that ambulance should never have left while the game was still in progress.

I read that quote from Jagr and it ripped my heart. I may not be a Jagr fan or even like him much, but that was absolutely gut wrenching.

Horrible tragedy.

RIP Alexei.

This is sad and I wonder if Johnny was on the bench with him?

I know that I might be reading into this the wrong way, but are you really that much of a disrespectful tool to include that low-blow about Grahame in there?

Jesus Christ, people. A kid's dead and someone's more concerned about whether or not Grahame's shoving it in Russia? What has this world come to?

Again, my apologies if that's not what you were implying, and if that is the case, please don't freak out. If you're just curious as to whether or not Grahame was present at the time of the incident, I'd appreciate it if you re-phrased your post to make it sound less like you're bashing Grahame. I'm no supporter of Crackers, but this is not the time or thread to diss him in.

Wow, this is very sad, I hate to see this happen especially, as IceFrog said, when it's avoidable. I saw that he had collapsed earlier today and was hoping he would be fine, this really makes me sad.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family and friends.

I know that I might be reading into this the wrong way, but are you really that much of a disrespectful tool to include that low-blow about Grahame in there?

Jesus Christ, people. A kid's dead and someone's more concerned about whether or not Grahame's shoving it in Russia? What has this world come to?

Again, my apologies if that's not what you were implying, and if that is the case, please don't freak out. If you're just curious as to whether or not Grahame was present at the time of the incident, I'd appreciate it if you re-phrased your post to make it sound less like you're bashing Grahame. I'm no supporter of Crackers, but this is not the time or thread to diss him in.

Thank You for saying that, I'm glad someone actually did.

This has nothing to do with Grahame. He as well as the rest of the team is having to deal with a shocking tragic lost. Some people need to get over themselves. And if it wasn't meant that way, sorry. You really should re-phase the post. All you are is baiting others to do the same. And rather he was on the bench or the ice, its all the same. My heart goes out to Cherepanov's family, friends, as well as the organization. May you rest in peace. :(

I am a Johnny fan and I meant no disrespect. I have been following Avangard since Crackers went there. I didn't mean for that to come across the wrong way so put your tude back in check. :blink:

This is horrible, but part of me wonders if the lack of medical crews etc, will effect the number American and Canadian players willing to go to the KHL. There are implications that his death might have been avoided with the correct care, which his team failed to provide. That is inexcusable, no one should die because of that kind of negligence, ever.

always horrible news to hear, what was jagr's quote? i wasn't able to find it.

When the story first came out, it was reported that Jagr had accidently elbowed Cherepanov when switching lines, which cause his heart to stop. Apparently Jagr didn't see him. Afterwards Jagr was shouting "Wake up Alexei" and was in tears.

When the story first came out, it was reported that Jagr had accidently elbowed Cherepanov when switching lines, which cause his heart to stop. Apparently Jagr didn't see him. Afterwards Jagr was shouting "Wake up Alexei" and was in tears.

wow.....how do you even try to use words to describe that situation. i hope that really didn't happen.

i think you deffinately took that the wrong way. i seriously doubt he's trying to crack a joke.. i too was curious if Grahame was near him.. how awful would that be..

my thoughts and prayers are with the Cherepanov family.. i saw on TSN that he had collapsed and they were trying to revive him before i left for the game then when i went to NHL.com and saw his picture i immediately knew what had happend and my hear sank.. terrible news.. i remember watching him waiting on his draft day on TV.. wow..

Oh man. That is unthinkable. My prayers and thoughts go out to the Cherepanov family, but if Jagr did elbow him (I haven't seen anything so correct me if I misread the post), imagine how he must feel as well?? Man, I still can't even believe it.

Why would it matter if Grahame was on the bench with him?

Back on topic... scuse my language.. but this is fu**ing tragic... unreal.. I don't care anything about Jagr or the Rangers or the KHL and this breaks my freaking heart... Why take someone so young? Why? I'm not sure if better health services would have saved him, but it surely doesnt look good.

Wow.. words just cant do it justice... prayers for his family... unbelieveable tragedy :(

Oh man. That is unthinkable. My prayers and thoughts go out to the Cherepanov family, but if Jagr did elbow him (I haven't seen anything so correct me if I misread the post), imagine how he must feel as well?? Man, I still can't even believe it.

Cherepanov also grew up with Jagr as his idol, and I bet Jagr knows that. I've been wondering if Jagr will ever be the same again. I would be devastated.

This is just awful. I was looking forward to seeing this guy play.

more in depth article here from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386537''>http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386537' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=386537[/post]

stated that no hit had occurred and Jagr was on bench with him, NOT involved.

its a good article, clears up a lot of things out there. still horrible though. I can't imagine how jagr is feeling right now though.