The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
king_caniac

Borer and Conboy

I think that Borer has more of a chance to come up here full time. We would have probably kept him up here if it weren't for the fact that we had all the spots filled. He needed a bit more time to grow and get bulked up.

I think that Borer has more of a chance to come up here full time. We would have probably kept him up here if it weren't for the fact that we had all the spots filled. He needed a bit more time to grow and get bulked up.
Yeah you are right Tangledheart24 I think right now Borer has the best shot at going up and staying up. But between Borer and Conboy they are two different kind of D-men.I personalty think they are both ready for the NHL at this point but Borer is more of the offensive minded d-man he will jump into the play and try to score a goal. Where Timmy Conboy is a more stay at home d-man and he looks for the big hit and will fight. Borer has had like 2 or 3 fights down here this season but that is not what he is known for. I personalty think Mark Flood deserves a shot also because for like the first month or so of the season when he got the shot to play he just looked like a d-man that was lost out there so he did not get to play that much the first month of the season or so. But we got a couple of injurys to our d and once he got the chance to play more and more he started to get better and better. Now I think he is one of our best d-men. And Mark knows how to put the puck in the net for a d-man. At the begining of the season I would have told you Flood did not belong on a peewee team but now with his progess and everythin I think he could be ready for the NHL. Because like I said once he got the shot to play more and more he has gotten better and better.

Could not agree more Max about Flood. After his finish to last season and his start to this season, I just don't understand why he hasn't had an opportunity to suit up for the Hurricanes. I put him on the level of someone like Nolan, who is at that point in their development where they either take that step to the NHL or are resigned to the AHL.

Well, I guess I got my answer, Borer AND Conboy are both called up for the game tonight along with a new guy. I guess I'll get my chance to see them again tonight.
Yeah Joey Mormina was the other call up. You should notice Mormina right away he is a big boy he is 6'6 and like 230 or 240 pounds.

Yeah Joey Mormina was the other call up. You should notice Mormina right away he is a big boy he is 6'6 and like 230 or 240 pounds.

He may be big, but the real question is, can he play at this level and be good?

If he plays at the same level up there as he does down herer wich I think he will then I will say for sure. He is not just one of those big clumsy guys he really knows how to use his size.

If he plays at the same level up there as he does down herer wich I think he will then I will say for sure. He is not just one of those big clumsy guys he really knows how to use his size.

Yeah, he had a couple of really good hits in the game. That one open ice hit was BIG.

Since Wesley is more than likely of retiring, Hedican possibly retiring, and possibly even Wallin, I can see Borer coming up, Seidenberg we still have ;), and then if all three retire, we'd ink someone or use Tanabe.

Since Wesley is more than likely of retiring, Hedican possibly retiring, and possibly even Wallin, I can see Borer coming up, Seidenberg we still have ;), and then if all three retire, we'd ink someone or use Tanabe.

Wallin is still under contract for 2 more seasons. Wesley...you never know but Im gonna agree about Hedican, the injuries just keep on coming.

Wallin is still under contract for 2 more seasons. Wesley...you never know but Im gonna agree about Hedican, the injuries just keep on coming.

This is a family forum so don't use the "T" word!! LOL

Ew, I guess I should've said I want Wallin to retire, he's starting to be a liability IMO. Or trade him please? :P Just kidding, gotta love that giant Swede. :P And Tanabs was looking good before he got clocked on the head. Anyone remember that breakaway goal he had? That was NAISE.

And also, I would be thrilled to keep Wesley for as long as possible. Another Chelios? :P He has the biggest heart on our team, or one of them. He's 39 and still diving in front of pucks and sacrificing his body. But as long as Borer comes up next season. And I vote for Cole with the free 'A' that is coming, although I doubt it, It'll be C - Brindy A - Staal A- Whitney. But if one gets injured? :o lol, I miss it.

Ew, I guess I should've said I want Wallin to retire, he's starting to be a liability IMO. Or trade him please? :P Just kidding, gotta love that giant Swede. :P And Tanabs was looking good before he got clocked on the head. Anyone remember that breakaway goal he had? That was NAISE.

Wallin is under contract and will not retire!! He has a NTC and if you have been following things on here any length of time then you know he was asked to waive it this summer and said NO! Tanabs is doing the best thing he can for this team and that is stay off the ice!!

Wallin is under contract and will not retire!! He has a NTC and if you have been following things on here any length of time then you know he was asked to waive it this summer and said NO! Tanabs is doing the best thing he can for this team and that is stay off the ice!!

I think he was just saying what he'd like to have happen. Tough crowd around here, easy does it.

I think he was just saying what he'd like to have happen. Tough crowd around here, easy does it.

Lol, Stop ripping Tanabe. It's ridiculous how much he is hated here. I almost got suspended for defending him at the off-season by 300section I think. Anyways Yes, I did follow that. I was JOKING, don't get all mad. :o

Lol, Stop ripping Tanabe. It's ridiculous how much he is hated here. I almost got suspended for defending him at the off-season by 300section I think. Anyways Yes, I did follow that. I was JOKING, don't get all mad. :o

I have been watching Tanabe since the '01-'02 season, he was suppose to have a lot of promise (like JJ) but it never materialized and most of us have been following this team that long or longer. At some point you have to call a ***** (but not here) and move on. He has had more chances than anyone else on this team ever has.

Don't say I haven't followed the team just as long? Give the guy a break, not everyone will live up to expectations. If he is so bad, why does JR keep bringing him back? I've been following the Canes for 7 years now, don't think I don't know.

Don't say I haven't followed the team just as long? Give the guy a break, not everyone will live up to expectations. If he is so bad, why does JR keep bringing him back? I've been following the Canes for 7 years now, don't think I don't know.

If I knew why JR keeps bringing him back then I would also know why he hasn't pulled the trigger on any kind of big deal since Brindy went down plus a few other things he has done that make me scratch me head. At least JR gave him less of a deal than what he offered prior to Tanabe going to St.Louis for a try out.

Tanabe has had more breaks than anyone on the team, would you suggest giving Babs a break and bringing him back?? Hockey is a business and like any business if you have an employee that doesn't produce you don't keep him on the payroll as a goodwill gesture, you cut him loose and find someone more productive. If Tanabe was "off the books" then we could keep Borer or Conway here.

If I knew why JR keeps bringing him back then I would also know why he hasn't pulled the trigger on any kind of big deal since Brindy went down plus a few other things he has done that make me scratch me head. At least JR gave him less of a deal than what he offered prior to Tanabe going to St.Louis for a try out.

Tanabe has had more breaks than anyone on the team, would you suggest giving Babs a break and bringing him back?? Hockey is a business and like any business if you have an employee that doesn't produce you don't keep him on the payroll as a goodwill gesture, you cut him loose and find someone more productive. If Tanabe was "off the books" then we could keep Borer or Conway here.

I believe Tanabe is on the IR so he is for all practical assumptions, off the books. Dont know who Conway is but Conboy was pretty good ;)

Seriously, lets not turn this into who's a more knowlegable fan cause they've followed the team longer. And for the record, Big Joe seemed to have 9 lives here too, and Tanabe was playing fairly well at the start of this season before he went down with his highly secretive and securely classified concussion.

I believe Tanabe is on the IR so he is for all practical assumptions, off the books. Dont know who Conway is but Conboy was pretty good ;)

Seriously, lets not turn this into who's a more knowlegable fan cause they've followed the team longer. And for the record, Big Joe seemed to have 9 lives here too, and Tanabe was playing fairly well at the start of this season before he went down with his highly secretive and securely classified concussion.

Big Joe only had three lives here, Tanabe has beat that record! LOL

As long as he is drawing a paycheck he is "on the books", just doesn't count towards the cap.

The reason JR hasn't made a big deal is several reasons. One, it's hard to find a deal, with all the GMs holding on to what they have and being too scared to go out there and make a deal. Two, it could hurt the team. To get someone big back, we need to give someone big. We can't afford waiting for someone to get situated with the team, when we can hang on to certain players that are already incorporated and helping the team.

And Tanabe was playing well once he came back in the season, and the way the Defense has played the past couple months, you can't say they have been any worse than he has been in the past. And with the talented D in the system, I do have to say, it's a head scratcher why JR would sign another D-man.