The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Americans beat Rats in OT

The Rats are 8th in the East and 5th in the division, which I believe puts them out of the playoffs?

Ya, it's top 4 from every division that go on. Looking at the standings now they're only 1 point behind Bridgeport who have a game in hand so it's not too bad. If we could get them some of there guys back it would be a big help.

Watched this game unfold on the scoresheet. Appeared to me that Leighton let them down. They held Rochester in check for most of the first two periods. Leighton just let one slip by early.

Sorry it took me so long to post today guys went to the game lastnight and stayed over night got home at like 1:30 this afternoon and was so tired did not sleep well lastnight in the hotel. Well it was a very disapointing loss lastnight. We were playing Rochester lastnight the worst team in the league and we were controling this game all night long. After 2 periods of play the shots on net were 34 10 in favor of the Rats. We were dominating this game. Leights was pretty decent all night untill the overtime. The game winner in overtime was all his fault. An American player came down the left wing took a shot on him he was way out of net but stoped the first shot but kicked out a hugh rebound for another American player comming down center ice and the player comming down center ice did not even take a shot just took a swap at it hit it and basically went into the emtpy net because Leights was so far out of net. 2 heartbreaking losses this week so far on Monday we outplay the first place team in our divison and outplay them by alot and we can not catch a break and beat them. And again lastnight we outplay and I mean walked all over the worst team in the league and still can only score 1 goal on them and we lose again. I just do not understand it. We just can not catch a break.

Bummer, anyone know what position they are in playoffs-wise?
Yeah we are 1 point out of the last playoff spot. Because shane472 is right the top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs. And in the AHL there is 3 divisions of 7 teams and 1 division of 8 teams. But the only thing that is disapointing to us here is Albany is that we are 1 point behind Bridgeport for the final playoff spot and at one point this season Bridgeport was like 14 points behind us. So for them to be ahead of us now is really frustrating to us.