The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Leighton Shoulders River Rats To Crucial 4-1 Win

Well I need not say much about how Leights played tonight in net for us. He was amazing tonight. Team came out really flying tonight scoring 1:02 into the game. And they keep going all night long. Fine game by the whole team. Know coach Rowe has to be a much happer man tonight. After the game the other night in Rochester he was really fuming. And this was a big win for us also tonight because that win put us back into the last playoff spot ahead of Bridgeport. Now I really look foward to our game at home tomorrow night against the Lowell Devils. That is our old team here in Albany and I hope we kill them. I want us to beat them so bad tomorrow night.

Yay Rats!

Oh, Max, I'm sure you've heard it, but Aucoin and Bayda are playing great up here in the big league!

I have seen most of it. I watch every game when we do not have a game here. I am happer as heck for the both of them. I saw both of there goals lastnight. I hope for there sakes they never come back here again and have much success up there with the Canes. The only way I want to see them in a Rats uniform again is if by some chance the Canes do not make the playoffs this season and the Rats do then the Canes send them down to play in the playoffs for us.

I have seen most of it. I watch every game when we do not have a game here. I am happer as heck for the both of them. I saw both of there goals lastnight. I hope for there sakes they never come back here again and have much success up there with the Canes. The only way I want to see them in a Rats uniform again is if by some chance the Canes do not make the playoffs this season and the Rats do then the Canes send them down to play in the playoffs for us.

Yeah, it's gotta be great watching 'em deliver up here after watching 'em perform so well for so long with the Rats. Brings tears to the eyes, eh? :lol:

:( I miss Leights.

How about we give you Coiners and Bayds back and you send Leights back our way?

I got a better deal send Coiner and Bayds back and we will send Justin Peter you way :lol:

Yeah, it's gotta be great watching 'em deliver up here after watching 'em perform so well for so long with the Rats. Brings tears to the eyes, eh? :lol:
Yeah it is so satisfing to me to see them doing so well up there with the big club. As much as I would love to have them back I love it even more to see them making an impact with the big club. I would much rather see them win a stanley cup rather than a calder cup.

I got a better deal send Coiner and Bayds back and we will send Justin Peter you way :lol:

...that does not sound like a better deal. How about we keep Bayds, Brookbank, Conboy and Coiners...send you JG and Kaberle if you are picky...and we get Leights?

Really though, I am glad Leights played well tonight. Brings me happiness.

...that does not sound like a better deal. How about we keep Bayds, Brookbank, Conboy and Coiners...send you JG and Kaberle if you are picky...and we get Leights?

Really though, I am glad Leights played well tonight. Brings me happiness.

No deal :lol: . Yeah Leights was outstanding tonight as he normally is. Even think he may have been better tonight than normal. From what I have read thow he will get the night off tomorrow night when we play the Lowell Devils and Justin Peters will get the start.

With all of the talk that Noah Babin received after his productive end to the season last year, Jerome Samson may be the true steal of the undrafted rookie free agents in Albany. Twenty goals in his first AHL season, after a draft in which he went undrafted, is VERY impressive. I'd like to hear a little more about his style of play and who he compares to that is currently in the NHL.

The Rats will be in our hearts today along with our Canes. I have never understood why the Canes organization does not ever do a story or even mention anything about the Rats on at the RBC or on FSN----they are a very important part of our team---hey they have saved this team! I don't feel they get the respect they deserve.

The Rats will be in our hearts today along with our Canes. I have never understood why the Canes organization does not ever do a story or even mention anything about the Rats on at the RBC or on FSN----they are a very important part of our team---hey they have saved this team! I don't feel they get the respect they deserve.
As a hugh Rats fan I really appreachate that Erwin Cane-head. That is awsome of you to say.

With all of the talk that Noah Babin received after his productive end to the season last year, Jerome Samson may be the true steal of the undrafted rookie free agents in Albany. Twenty goals in his first AHL season, after a draft in which he went undrafted, is VERY impressive. I'd like to hear a little more about his style of play and who he compares to that is currently in the NHL.
Jerome Samson is a awsome player for us this season. To be quiet honest with you I think he has taken everyone here in Albany by surprise this season because I do not think anyone here in Albany exceped this kind of season out of him. He has been really really amazing for us this year. Jerome is that type of player that will case a puck in the coner is not affraid to take a hit to make a play he is not that big of a player but plays like a big guy. And he is right in the corners chasing pucks down. He will stand in front of the net if need be take a pounding if he has to to score a goal. He is the type of player that can score the ugly goal and he can also score some of the prettiest goals you have ever seen. He has been a really good find by the Carolina Hurricanes. I think he could be a very good NHLer some day. If I had to compare him to anyone I would maybe say a player like I do not know maybe a Brian Gionta in New Jersey.