The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Hamilton

It is really nice to see Jeff being so great about being sent down. And wanting to work hard and improve his game and wanting to do all he can to help this team win.

It is really nice to see Jeff being so great about being sent down. And wanting to work hard and improve his game and wanting to do all he can to help this team win.

Thanks for posting. He's had a tough time time here but from everything Ive heard and read, hes a really likable guy and it doesnt suprise me that he's willing to do whatever it takes for the Rats. Good for him, and the Rats.

Thanks for posting. He's had a tough time time here but from everything Ive heard and read, hes a really likable guy and it doesnt suprise me that he's willing to do whatever it takes for the Rats. Good for him, and the Rats.

From N&O 3/18

Hurricanes have placed Jeff Hamilton on re-entry waivers in an attempt to recall him from Albany as well. Hamilton, who had 19 points in 52 games with Carolina before he was sent to Albany on Feb. 26, has three goals and six assists in nine games with the River Rats.

The Hurricanes will know at noon today whether Hamilton has cleared waivers or was claimed -- in which case they would be responsible for half of his $800,000 salary next season.

guess it was short lived either way.

Jeff Hamilton was placed on re-entry waivers today. As of 12:00, teams can pick him up. If they do, we'll be responsible for half of his $800,000 salary next year.

I like Hamilton, he has a good shot, I used to like watching him in warm ups pegging the corners on his hard shots. However he never really did alot in the games. I actually hope someone picks him up and opens up our roster for next year with a little more money to play with

Jeff Hamilton was placed on re-entry waivers today. As of 12:00, teams can pick him up. If they do, we'll be responsible for half of his $800,000 salary next year.

He was placed on re-entry waivers on Saturday night before the Rats game (therefore didn't play in it) and cleared them today at noon.

Considering cullen's status, Ham is going to have to play for us. We are desparate for centermen right now. He's not a great center, but I think he's better than Jensen at this point.

Yes, center for the Hurricanes should be listed right after Alaskan King Crab fisherman and Lumberjack as the most dangerous job in the world. I hope Hamilton has improved his work ethic.

If he has regained some confidence while down in Albany then he could be an asset to the team while Cullen and Whitney are out. He did net 18 goals last year, and started this year pretty well.

I hope Hamilton has improved his work ethic.

What was wrong with his work ethic? I'm just curious because I had never seen an article questioning his work ethic.

I know he struggled here for a while before getting sent down but I've always heard that he was a hard worker.

What was wrong with his work ethic? I'm just curious because I had never seen an article questioning his work ethic.

I know he struggled here for a while before getting sent down but I've always heard that he was a hard worker.

Nothing was wrong with his work ethic. He is indeed a hard worker. That is how silly rumors are born when someone says nonsense and it gets spread around.

Hamilton was struggling simply because he is a mediocre player with a fantastic slapshot. Once teams figured out how to pressure him, he was done here.

He is back now because there are no better River Rats to recall and we need to throw warm bodies on ice to fill the roster spot.

Nothing was wrong with his work ethic. He is indeed a hard worker. That is how silly rumors are born when someone says nonsense and it gets spread around.

Hamilton was struggling simply because he is a mediocre player with a fantastic slapshot. Once teams figured out how to pressure him, he was done here.

He is back now because there are no better River Rats to recall and we need to throw warm bodies on ice to fill the roster spot.

As I said before he was nice to my kid so I have followed him. 18 goals (15 even strength) with Chicago is not so mediocre. Same as Ruutu had I think. Just don't play him at defense.

Maybe a stint in the minors riding the bus and living the minor league lifestyle will inspire a little more desire to be up here with the big boys like Aucoin, Bayta, Conboy, Brookbank, and Jensen.

There is a video interview with JR on the Canes site during which he said Hamilton's work ethic declined in practices.

As I said before he was nice to my kid so I have followed him. 18 goals (15 even strength) with Chicago is not so mediocre. Same as Ruutu had I think. Just don't play him at defense.

Playing the point on the powerplay is not playing defense. You've said that he played defense a few times now so I figured I'd clear that up. He was never put on the ice with defensive responsibilities.

It was great to have Jeff on the team even if it was for a short time. He was a plesure to have him because he came down here and work his butt off. He earned his recall that is for sure. He came down with a great attatude and played well. I wish him all the best. Hopefully he can get back into the lineup for the Canes and play well this time around.

Jeff came down to Albany with a great attitude and wanted to improve his game which I think he did while he was with us for the short time. He came down worked his butt off and played really well. Hopfully that will give him alot of confidence to go back up and play well. Because he did wonderfull down here with us. All the best to Jeff and hope things go well this time around with the Canes.