The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Aubin, Pirates Blank River Rats 2-0

Very very poor game tonight by the guys. Seemed like the only guys on the team that had any interest in winning this game were Sutter and Leighton. The rest of the team seemed like they had no interest in this game. Every pass they were making were right on to the tape of a Portland players stick. And if not onto a Portland players stick it went for icing. Almost every shot they took was in the feet of a Portland player or high or wide of the net. Almost every shot that did make it onto net Aubin was having a hard time with and was leaving hugh rebounds and our guys just stood around and watched Portland players collect the puck no one was in front to collect rebounds. Every time Portland had the puck we just stood around and watched them play with it. The penaltys we took we very dumb and undisaplined penaltys. The one that really stood out in my mind was one that cost us the second goal. It was on Trevor Gillies he went to hit a player along the boards and instead of just hitting the guy he decided to lead with his elbow. Very dumb play. I swear this team should have bought tickets to this game because that is all they were all night long were spectators. Very disgusted with the way these guys performed tonight. There was no way Aubin should have had a shutout tonight because he looked horrible. To be honest there was no way Portland should have won this game they as a team looked horrible. We just looked worse. Like I said very disgusted with there play tonight.

Once again sounds a lot like how the Canes played last night, sadly. One player and the goalie seemed to show interest. Let's hope both teams get their stuff together this week. Starting at the next game.

I hate to lose anytime but I can deal with it better if we lose just because the other team was the better team that night. But like I said tonight Portland was not the better team because they looked horrible as well. We just looked worse. Alot worse. It is performance like tonight that really make me angry that we lost. Just 0 effort at all. A full 60 minutes of 0 effort. I would have rather them just forfit the game instead of giving no effort at all.