The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Fix A Rule And Save A Few Bones

I don't agree. I know the Canes, as well as a few other teams, have plays where they intentionally ice the puck because they know they have a forward coming down the boards who can beat out the defenseman to the iced puck. Thus, it gets the play deep, and it catches most teams by surprise.

I don't agree. I know the Canes, as well as a few other teams, have plays where they intentionally ice the puck because they know they have a forward coming down the boards who can beat out the defenseman to the iced puck. Thus, it gets the play deep, and it catches most teams by surprise.
I do not agree also. I do not like to see guys get hurt either but also then you would also have players giving up on plays because they know the puck is going to go down the ice for icing. I say continue to make them play the puck for the icing.

Personally, I saw some of the best hockey I've seen all year this past weekend in the NCAA tournament. They have no-touch icing and it didn't take away from the flow of the game one bit. You can still wave-off icing under the no-touch rule, which would limit player's abilties to give up on the play once the puck is down ice.