The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniacal_Avaholic

Hedican signs with the Ducks

Here's the article, in greater detail:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/2...n-hedican/1897/

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Oct. 23, 2008

Sports/Ducks Blog

DUCKS SIGN VETERAN DEFENSEMAN HEDICAN

Posted by DAN WOOD, OCREGISTER.COM

12:57 p.m. Pacific Time

Seeking a boost for a popgun attack that has produced only 15 goals in seven games, the Ducks have signed veteran offensive-minded defenseman Bret Hedican (left).

The one-year, $870,500 deal, which will pay Hedican a pro-rated amount of $800,000, will be officially announced Thursday afternoon. The move leaves the Ducks approximately $400,000 below the NHL

Under/over when he goes on the IR with a hip, shoulder or groin issue?

Best of luck to him, he gave us 6 years and Cup. :)

Rumor was he moved out there to support his wifes career.. glad to see him signed on with someone instead of sitting out.

Best wishes Bret

Ok, as a Ducks fan from So. Cal and not getting to watch much in the way of Hurricanes hockey, is he still a good player? Does he have at least 1 more year of good hockey left in him at his age barring no injuries? I am excited to have him, sounds like he'll be a good pick up to replace Odie not to mention a little more mobile. He obviously has Cup experience and any boost we can get right now I am totally all for considering our sub-par beginning to the season. I have to admit we look like *edit* right now which is sad considering we are only 2 years removed from the Cup and mostly still the same team. Anyways, good luck to you all this season and I look forward to seeing you guys again in a month.

He'll always be a Cane in my view. Best of luck to him. And he and Kristi still own a house in Raleigh, thanks to the real estate slump. :(

More on Bret:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/2...e-to-wait/1924/

ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Oct. 24, 2008

Sports/Ducks Blog

HEDICAN'S DUCKS DEBUT WILL HAVE TO WAIT

Posted by Dan Wood

10:42 a.m. Pacific Time

Predictably, newly obtained defenseman Bret Hedican was the last player on the ice during the morning skate as the Ducks prepared for Friday night

Good luck to Hedican. But I'm sorry that his defense partner is gonna be Chris Pronger...puke

Thanks largely to the Ducks' acquisition of enforcer George Parros (http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8468095&service=page' target="_blank">http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerD...mp;service=page[/post]), Pronger has pretty much put aside the rough stuff that used to be a trademark of his game. These days, Prongs is a large, slow offensive d-man with a heavy shot.

(Besides, Parros -- a right winger whom Jim Rome would describe as someone who "needs to fight" -- outweighs him by nearly 20 pounds.)

Jan/GSBG