The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukProspect

Canes Agree to Terms with Chaput, Dodge

Yeah, the article said one of them played in Albany's last game, and I'm pretty sure they are both going to play in the playoffs.

Not really impressed with either of them, but since they're 5th and 6th rounders I wasnt expecting anything fantastic from them. Maybe one of them could turn into a real steal in the future, who knows? Good luck to them both :)

They were both already in Albany. Chaput played in the last game and will continue to play but Dodge will not dress for any games. Tom Rowe said in an interview he'll stay and work with the team but it's unlikely he plays.

Not impressed by Dodge, eh? Haven't seen him play I take it. He's a pretty good two-way forward and a great pickup that late in the draft. Possibly the best defensive forward in college hockey. Hard worker, good leadership, all around great guy. He could become a pretty good 3rd liner. Chaput was drafted in the role of a grinder but his offense has really picked up this past year in Lewiston. Upside is a possible 3rd liner but most likely he'll be a 4th line checker. Good defensive forward. So all in all I fail to see how you could be unimpressed with these guys. Their development has come along nicely. You've gotta draft character/role players too, it's not all about starting goalies, first liners and top pairing defensemen.

We have one more prospect who's rights run out this year that we could possibly sign and that is Harrison Reed. He took a big step back this year in terms of his offensive production. I would not be surprised if he wasn't tendered an offer. He wasn't that high of a pick and you really need to see a guys development continually moving forward at this age. He isn't just stagnant, he's regressed this season to the point where he was traded from his ohl team.

2006-2007 67gp 29g 52a 81pts

2007-2008 69gp 14g 33a 47pts

He played more games, scored less than half his previous years total of goals and had 34 less points.