The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Rats' Conboy Given Eight-Game Suspension

well i hope he doesnt have to wait till next season to finish up that suspension. he better have put a little hurtin' on the other guys if he left the bench like that

well i hope he doesnt have to wait till next season to finish up that suspension. he better have put a little hurtin' on the other guys if he left the bench like that
He tencnally never left the bench because the fight started as there was a line change going on and he was one of the players leaving the ice. He never left the ice so we had like 6 guys on the ice. And the league viewed that as leaving the bench. If you ask me I blame the ref for letting the game get to a point were somthing like this happened. He should have noticed this going on and started putting guys in the box.

That sucks that he got suspended...hopefully the Rats can still succeed without him (which I know they can)
I am sure we can. We won without him while he was up with the big boys. Do not get me wrong he will be missed because he is a big part of this team and he does make this team better but I am sure we can win without him.

I am sure we can. We won without him while he was up with the big boys. Do not get me wrong he will be missed because he is a big part of this team and he does make this team better but I am sure we can win without him.

Btw, I wanted to ask you Max...does Conboy usually wear an A with the team? He just seemed like he is a good leader when he was up here.

Btw, I wanted to ask you Max...does Conboy usually wear an A with the team? He just seemed like he is a good leader when he was up here.
He did before he was called up the lasttime. He does not anymore. The reason he does not now was because we were not sure if he would be back and the coach thought it would be unfair to take it away from the guys that have it now. Now Pat Dwyer is the captain for the rest of the season and Joey Mormina wears one of the A's permaintly and Travor Gillies wears an A at home and Jamie Johnson wears the other A on the road.

He did before he was called up the lasttime. He does not anymore. The reason he does not now was because we were not sure if he would be back and the coach thought it would be unfair to take it away from the guys that have it now. Now Pat Dwyer is the captain for the rest of the season and Joey Mormina wears one of the A's permaintly and Travor Gillies wears an A at home and Jamie Johnson wears the other A on the road.

that's cool to hear Mormina with an "A." I really liked him for the game he was up here. Maybe he could be the size and grit we need next year?

(BTW congrats on uer 1,000th post)

Sorry i was off topic.. to get it back on:

sad to hear Conboy get the suspension, I've seen alot about him lately and all the good he's done, then he gets hit with this.

that's cool to hear Mormina with an "A." I really liked him for the game he was up here. Maybe he could be the size and grit we need next year?

(BTW congrats on uer 1,000th post)

Sorry i was off topic.. to get it back on:

sad to hear Conboy get the suspension, I've seen alot about him lately and all the good he's done, then he gets hit with this.

Thank you.

It was a wrong place wrong time thing. He did not do anything criminal. My gosh you would have thought he broke somebodies neck.

OOPs wait that is only 3 games.

Also there is a video of the fight in the thread about the Rats taking a 1-0 lead in the series.

I looked for this link on the Rats website but could not find it. Does anyone have a link to this video?