The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Joe-Hockey

Albany Players

Looking to chat with people who are from the Albany area who watch them play. I know Brett Carson and I am interested in thoughts about his play this year. He seemed to struggle with his plus minus this year which he has never done in the past. Wondering what people see in his game. Do you think he is destined for the show or not. How about his toughness. He went right to the end of camp last fall but during the season 4 defense were called up over the winter and he wasn't one of them. Just interested in general conversation and honest input on his play this year. I am much to far away to get to watch him play.

Thanks.

Well at the beging of the season he kind of seemed lost out there. But as the season went on he seemed to pick up his play. Picked it up so much the coach decided to us him in all kinds of situtations. Even using him at forward. I think he could be in the NHL at some point. I think maybe leting him work a half a season down here next season and if he continues to improve the way he did towards the end of this season then I think he should go up. As far as toughness goes he is not that physical of a player. You will not see him droping the gloves anytime soon. Like in our game lastnight in that line brawl we had he was the only one on the ice not fighting. Well not counting Leights. He can take hits and bounce right back from them so as far as that goes he is a tough guy.

Well at the beging of the season he kind of seemed lost out there. But as the season went on he seemed to pick up his play. Picked it up so much the coach decided to us him in all kinds of situtations. Even using him at forward. I think he could be in the NHL at some point. I think maybe leting him work a half a season down here next season and if he continues to improve the way he did towards the end of this season then I think he should go up. As far as toughness goes he is not that physical of a player. You will not see him droping the gloves anytime soon. Like in our game lastnight in that line brawl we had he was the only one on the ice not fighting. Well not counting Leights. He can take hits and bounce right back from them so as far as that goes he is a tough guy.

Thanks. I appreciate the input. It is really hard to know what is going on. I try listening to some of the games but it's tough. He is actually my cousins son and I used to watch him lots when he played in the WHL for the Calgary Hitmen.

Hey Max,

Did you watch him play last year in Albany. He seemed to have a better year in his first year. Wondering why he seemed out of place this year. I think Albany had a very strong defensive core this year and that maybe put him out of place. How is his foot speed at this level. Any problems with him handling the speed of the game i.e 1 on 1, pivots etc.

Thanks

Yes I did go to games last season also. I have been to every home game except one for like 13 years. And I missed that one like 10 years ago. It kind of seemed like at the begining of the season he was a tad shy because of the type of dmen we had here but as the season wore on he seemed to get better and better.

Yes I did go to games last season also. I have been to every home game except one for like 13 years. And I missed that one like 10 years ago. It kind of seemed like at the begining of the season he was a tad shy because of the type of dmen we had here but as the season wore on he seemed to get better and better.

Yes, that makes sense. He is a very quiet kid. Which unfortunately could be working against him. I wish he would show more aggression but it just doesn't seem to be there. Hopefully steady, solid and quiet is enought to keep him progressing.

Thanks again.