The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

River Rats Playoffs - Round #1 vs the Phantoms

Well as you guys can tell much better game tonight by the team. They came ready to play tonight. Came out flying and for the most part keeped it up for the full 60 minutes. Kind of feel bad for Leights because he played well enough for a shutout but did not get it. Can not blame anyone for the goal the Phantoms scored thow it was just a nice shot. But I am sure Leights is not to worred about the shutout because hey a win is a win. I am sure he is just happy about the team getting the win and playing much much better tonight.

Nice to see Brett Carson step up his play with one goal and one assist today. I was a little disappointed by his performance statistically this season, but it's nice to see him step it up at the most important time of the season.

Nice to have dad there

Rats winger Brandon Sutter played Sunday in front of his father, Brent, the head coach of the New Jersey Devils. Brent Sutter was able to attend because the Devils were eliminated from the playoffs Friday by the New York Rangers.

Brandon Sutter, who recorded one shot on goal, said his father hadn't seen him play live since the NHL all-star break.

"They were done a little earlier than they wanted to be, but he was able to make it," Brandon said. "Obviously, every guy, when your dad or your parents come down to watch you, it's exciting. He hasn't had a chance to see me play for a long time, so it's kind of nice."

Forgot about the whole parent thing, lol. Max, what do you think of Sutter's play overal so far?

Nice to have dad there

Rats winger Brandon Sutter played Sunday in front of his father, Brent, the head coach of the New Jersey Devils. Brent Sutter was able to attend because the Devils were eliminated from the playoffs Friday by the New York Rangers.

Brandon Sutter, who recorded one shot on goal, said his father hadn't seen him play live since the NHL all-star break.

"They were done a little earlier than they wanted to be, but he was able to make it," Brandon said. "Obviously, every guy, when your dad or your parents come down to watch you, it's exciting. He hasn't had a chance to see me play for a long time, so it's kind of nice."

Forgot about the whole parent thing, lol. Max, what do you think of Sutter's play overal so far?

Nice to have dad there

I have been very impressed with Brandon to this point. This kid is being used in all kinds of situations. Coach has been using him on the PP and the PK. This kid is not affraid to go down to block a shot. In our last regular season home game we were on the PK and this kid blocked five straight shots. One right after another. He plays hard nosed. He will hit the other players and is not affraid to take a hit to make a play. He really seems like a team player.

I have been very impressed with Brandon to this point. This kid is being used in all kinds of situations. Coach has been using him on the PP and the PK. This kid is not affraid to go down to block a shot. In our last regular season home game we were on the PK and this kid blocked five straight shots. One right after another. He plays hard nosed. He will hit the other players and is not affraid to take a hit to make a play. He really seems like a team player.

What do his stats look like and how's he doing with faceoffs? Who are his linemates? What did he eat for breakfast...J/K :lol:

What do his stats look like and how's he doing with faceoffs? Who are his linemates? What did he eat for breakfast...J/K :lol:

In the regular season in 7 games he had 1 goal and 1 assist and was a minus 4. And he had 4 PIMS. So far in the playoffs he does not have and points in 3 games played. And he is a minues 1. He has 2 PIMS in the playoffs. He has done really well on faceoffs. And like I said he has done so many other things so well like face offs blocking shots things like that. For the most part he is on a line with Joe Jensen and Trevor Gillies. He has also played on a line with Nicolas Blanchard and Pat Dwyer. But for the most part he plays with Jensen and Gillies. But like I said he gets more ice time thow then Jensen and Gillies because coach does us him on the PP and PK where we do not use Jensen and Gillies.

In the regular season in 7 games he had 1 goal and 1 assist and was a minus 4. And he had 4 PIMS. So far in the playoffs he does not have and points in 3 games played. And he is a minues 1. He has 2 PIMS in the playoffs. He has done really well on faceoffs. And like I said he has done so many other things so well like face offs blocking shots things like that. For the most part he is on a line with Joe Jensen and Trevor Gillies. He has also played on a line with Nicolas Blanchard and Pat Dwyer. But for the most part he plays with Jensen and Gillies. But like I said he gets more ice time thow then Jensen and Gillies because coach does us him on the PP and PK where we do not use Jensen and Gillies.

Thanks, any concern over the +/-? I realize that the +/- doesnt tell the whole story.

PS: Capt Crunch or Fruit Loops?

Thanks, any concern over the +/-? I realize that the +/- doesnt tell the whole story.

No not really because I think he has played alot better than what his plus minus show. This kid has not put up big # for us to this point but he has still been outstanding for us. And I think it is amazing that he has played the way he has for beeing that he is so young and did not play for us that long. He steped right in and was doing what was asked of him to do.

Very disapointed in the teams effort tonight. They came out flying and scored a goal 2 minutes into the game and then after that things just went straight south from there. And quickly. After the goal it looked like they just mailed it in and figured well we got this game won now. And that is just how it looked. Very poor perfromance by everyone except agian for Leighton. Glad he showed up because we could have easly lost this game tonight like 10-1 if not for Leights play. And the officating tonight was just outright horrible. He was not calling anything and I mean nothing on Philadelphia. There was one play tonight when Marc Cavosie got boared in the 3rd period and was down for a good 3 to 5 minutes and hurt and nothing was called on the play and the ref was looking right at it. All night long the Rats were getting held, triped, slashed, crosschecked, punched in the face and this jerk was not calling the penaltys. Just outright pathetic. Between the way the Rats played and that jerk of a ref tonight just an outright horrible night :angry:

Very disapointed in the teams effort tonight. They came out flying and scored a goal 2 minutes into the game and then after that things just went straight south from there. And quickly. After the goal it looked like they just mailed it in and figured well we got this game won now. And that is just how it looked. Very poor perfromance by everyone except agian for Leighton. Glad he showed up because we could have easly lost this game tonight like 10-1 if not for Leights play. And the officating tonight was just outright horrible. He was not calling anything and I mean nothing on Philadelphia. There was one play tonight when Marc Cavosie got boared in the 3rd period and was down for a good 3 to 5 minutes and hurt and nothing was called on the play and the ref was looking right at it. All night long the Rats were getting held, triped, slashed, crosschecked, punched in the face and this jerk was not calling the penaltys. Just outright pathetic. Between the way the Rats played and that jerk of a ref tonight just an outright horrible night :angry:

Tough break for the Rats. Is Cavosie ok?

Tough break for the Rats. Is Cavosie ok?