The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

River Rats Playoffs - Round #1 vs the Phantoms

Tough break for the Rats. Is Cavosie ok?
Yeah he was ok missed a shift or two but he returned. It was just the point thow. In games two and three we were giving 5 minute major penaltys for high sticking and both times there was no blood on either Phantoms player. Now tonight one of our players gets boarded and nothing at all gets called. It just gets me on how many times we got called for penaltys tonight most of them we did diserve that is not what I am trying to say but how many times he called a penalty on us tonight and then how many times we were interfered with, tripped, held, slashed, crosschecked, punched in the face and nothing getting called. And on the same kind of plays he was calling penalty on us he was letting them get away with. Just an very inconsistant ref. And like I said it was frustrating watching that ref and then with the way the Rats flew out of the the gates tonight then all of a sudden just died and played horrible the rest of the way just a very frustrating night. They played great for maybe the first 5 minutes of the game and then just died. 55 minutes of horrible play.

Oh God, a NASTY hit on Mormina, and he is crumpled on the ice. Jeez, that was a dirty, dirty hit. PP for Rats, I wonder what the game ranks on longest game now? :( Hope we win. LET'S GO RATS!

And yes, Seeing Leights hit 100 saves, OH MAN, that would be sweet. Winning, though, would be sweeter.

Looks like Leighton already has the record for most saves in a game, 82 was the record in the AHL and no one has ever surpassed 80 saves in a game in the NHL.

Now going into OT 5, longest game in AHL Playoff history.

UNOFFICIAL: There is no official record of most saves in an AHL Playoff game, but the unofficial record WAS Ty Conklin with 82 saves... Leighton has 97 saves on 99 shots so far. Killed it.

To be quiet honest just do not know what to say right now. Just in amazed how long this game went tonight. Just so so disapointed for these guys right now. More so for Leights. The man had 98 saves. Yes 98. He deserved much much better than to lose that game. Like I said just really diapointed right now. We are in big trouble now down 3-2 in the series going back to a place we had a hard time in all season long. Just does not look very good for us now. :( Sorry I am just so disapointed right now.

To be quiet honest just do not know what to say right now. Just in amazed how long this game went tonight. Just so so disapointed for these guys right now. More so for Leights. The man had 98 saves. Yes 98. He deserved much much better than to lose that game. Like I said just really diapointed right now. We are in big trouble now down 3-2 in the series going back to a place we had a hard time in all season long. Just does not look very good for us now. :( Sorry I am just so disapointed right now.

Wow Max, thats just unreal. I know how I felt after the multiple OT game in 02 against the Red Wings. Thats a tough thing for fans to get over, never mind the players :o . I cant imagine what it feels like after 5 OT's to come that close. Keep the faith :)

Wow Max, thats just unreal. I know how I felt after the multiple OT game in 02 against the Red Wings. Thats a tough thing for fans to get over, never mind the players :o . I cant imagine what it feels like after 5 OT's to come that close. Keep the faith :)

Oh I will keep the faith. Just so heartbreaking to lose this one now knowing one more lose in this series is going to end it for us. Now knowing we have to go to a place we had trouble winning in all season long. Counting regular season and playoffs we have played 6 games in Philadelphia and we have won once. And that was this past weekend. Just so heartbreaking.