The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
acaniac

Goal In 5th OT Ends Longest Game In AHL History As Philadelphia Beats Albany

I just heard about this on the Fanatics.

Outrageous game! What time did the game end?

Wonder if they'll replay it on like the NHL Network.

You have to give major props to both teams for playing almost 143 minutes of hockey.

Rats went 1 for 10 on the PP while the Phantoms went 0 for 5.

Here's the game sheet.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/official-gam...game_id=1004697

The game started at 7:01 and ended at 12:38..... too bad Leighton's contract is up at the end of this season. Put the boy on our roster! I'd say the best goalie in the AHL is at least worthy of playing as a backup.

They MUST re-sign Leights. That is awesome...98 saves....your goalie makes 98 saves and you STILL lose!? :lol:

Sounds like something the Hurricanes would do doesn't it?

The game started at 7:01 and ended at 12:38..... too bad Leighton's contract is up at the end of this season. Put the boy on our roster! I'd say the best goalie in the AHL is at least worthy of playing as a backup.

Wow! Really? Would have thought it would have been longer....

The Canes vs. Red Wings SCF Game 3 was only 3 OTs and it last past 1am.

This game was heartbreaking to lose.Thought it would never end. Just really disapointed the Rats had to be the team that lost. Feel really really bad for Leighton. He did not deserve to lose that game.

and there is an article Here on NBC sports about it.

Aside from the fact that the Phantoms DIDN'T fall to the River Rats and Scott Munroe NOT Michael Teslak was in net for the Phantoms, another fantastic article by NBC that shows just how much they pay attention to hockey.

They MUST re-sign Leights. That is awesome...98 saves....your goalie makes 98 saves and you STILL lose!? :lol:

i was there last night and i was surprised that we made it to the fifth overtime. we only made it there because of leights. we lost cause we were playing very little to minimum offense. every time we would get the puck out of our zone, it would be back in ten seconds. it was definitely a one man effort last night.