The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
acaniac

Rats force Game 7!

The game is not on T.V. There is a radio broadcast that you can listen to over the internet and there is a webcast where you can watch the game on the computer. The webcast is $7 thow. It is normally $6 but they raised it for the playoffs I guess. But well worth it. If you want to listen to radio stream or watch the webcast just go here at 6:45 PM tomorrow night

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?date=2008-04-29

Just go there tomorrow night at 6:45 and you will see two logos next to the River Rats and Phantoms logos. Each team has two logos next two it. If you want to listen or watch the River Rats radio announcer just click the logos next to the River Rats logo. The first logo is for the radio stream and the second logo is for the webcast.

Do they have a webcast for each team or just the home team? After what I heard the announcers say in that clip from game one, "like a teacher in the summertime, no class shown right there by Conboy", I don't know if I could stand an entire game of biased announcing from the Phantoms.

Do they have a webcast for each team or just the home team? After what I heard the announcers say in that clip from game one, "like a teacher in the summertime, no class shown right there by Conboy", I don't know if I could stand an entire game of biased announcing from the Phantoms.

Thats a very good question. I was bored on Saturday afternoon and decided to order the video broadcast (which is the jumbotron feed with the radio feed). I chose the Rats feed because I didn't wanna listen to that moron who calls the games for the Phantoms. I think the game started with the Rats announcer but at some point it switched over to the Phantoms guy so during the second intermission I sent a nasty email to B2 because I was upset over not getting the Rats feed. Turns out the language in Windows Media Player had switched to French, which was the alternate audio feed (in this case the Phantoms guy) so I switched it back to English and got the Rats announcer again but then going into OT it switched back to the Phantoms guy and I didn't want to restart the media player for fear of missing the GWG so I ended up just being stuck with the Phantoms guy.

So yes you can choose the audio feed you want but it's not always 100% smooth in switching back and forth.

BTW: He through out another gem on Saturday something like "Back up the dump truck because that was garbage absolute garbage" when complaining about a call.

The game is not on T.V. There is a radio broadcast that you can listen to over the internet and there is a webcast where you can watch the game on the computer. The webcast is $7 thow. It is normally $6 but they raised it for the playoffs I guess. But well worth it. If you want to listen to radio stream or watch the webcast just go here at 6:45 PM tomorrow night

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?date=2008-04-29''>http://stats.theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?date=2008-04-29' target="_blank">http://stats.theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?date=2008-04-29[/post]

Just go there tomorrow night at 6:45 and you will see two logos next to the River Rats and Phantoms logos. Each team has two logos next two it. If you want to listen or watch the River Rats radio announcer just click the logos next to the River Rats logo. The first logo is for the radio stream and the second logo is for the webcast.

Thanks MAX, I will be watching on the small screen... LOL

Thats a very good question. I was bored on Saturday afternoon and decided to order the video broadcast (which is the jumbotron feed with the radio feed). I chose the Rats feed because I didn't wanna listen to that moron who calls the games for the Phantoms. I think the game started with the Rats announcer but at some point it switched over to the Phantoms guy so during the second intermission I sent a nasty email to B2 because I was upset over not getting the Rats feed. Turns out the language in Windows Media Player had switched to French, which was the alternate audio feed (in this case the Phantoms guy) so I switched it back to English and got the Rats announcer again but then going into OT it switched back to the Phantoms guy and I didn't want to restart the media player for fear of missing the GWG so I ended up just being stuck with the Phantoms guy.

So yes you can choose the audio feed you want but it's not always 100% smooth in switching back and forth.

BTW: He through out another gem on Saturday something like "Back up the dump truck because that was garbage absolute garbage" when complaining about a call.

Yeah B2 does screw up like that somtimes. I write them nasty letters also. It does get frustrating somtimes.

Both teams have webcast.

Thanks MAX, I will be watching on the small screen... LOL
Not a problem. Just remember it only comes on 15 minutes before game time. The game is at 7 so it is suppos to be on at 6:45.

Also forgot to mention that you can also go onto the Rats website to either watch or listen to the game http://www.albanyriverrats.com/

If you go to the Rats website to get to the game scroll down on the left hand side untill you see the logos for the B2 network. The first one is to watch the game the second one is to listen to the game.