The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Brodeur to undergo surgery on bicep

Brody hasnt played less then 70 games since 96-97....

He has now. :o

And this was season he was supposed to break all the records.

Wow. While this is a huge blow to the Devils, it's also bad news for the league, who needs every star it can get. Brodeur can sell tickets in opposing towns... the Devils, not so much.

YES

Finally we get to see the Devils without Marty Brodeur...prepare for a meltdown!! Just how they played against Buffalo...gave Weekes NO help whatsoever.

Team is complete *edit* without Brodeur...few offensive threats, ragtag defense...this is gonna be sweet.

just added Weekes to my fantasy team, he played really well against the sabres last night despite the loss.. i'm not really sure how they'll do without brodeur but it's worth a shot.

Yea I saw that you did that lol...I wouldn't take the gamble simply because Weekes can't stand the long haul...but hey ya never know.

Is this the year the Devils miss the playoffs
I say no. Everytime we think the Devils are not going to do well and miss the playoffs they find a way to do well and make the playoffs. I think they will be good enough to make the playoffs. I think they will suffer some with out Brodeur but I still think they make the playoffs.

I think this injury is my fault... I made the mistake of naming my fantasy team the "Carolina Hurricanes." So far the names on my roster include Brodeur, Ryan Whitney, Sergei Gonchar, Bryan Mccabe, Marian Gaborik, Jochen Hecht, Manny Legace... It seems anyone associated with the Canes in ANY way get injured.

I say no. Everytime we think the Devils are not going to do well and miss the playoffs they find a way to do well and make the playoffs. I think they will be good enough to make the playoffs. I think they will suffer some with out Brodeur but I still think they make the playoffs.

I agree. At some point, the Devils will need to learn how to play without Brodeur just based on age. His post season performances have declined also so this is the perfect opportunity for them to figure out how to win without him. I like Weeks but I dont think he's the long term answer and I wouldnt be surprised to see Khabibulin or another goalie play for NJ.

Lets hope theydont figure it out before the Canes play them. ;)

The team has only found a way to make the playoffs those tough years because of Brodeur...they go up and down with him. lol they will not come close to the playoffs without him...but if they do, then the system really has been changed up there in Jersey.

This is bad for the game....

Watching that tape over and over, did he over extend his arm on the save because I cant see how that incoming stick would do it since it appeared to catch all pad.

This is bad for the game....

Watching that tape over and over, did he over extend his arm on the save because I cant see how that incoming stick would do it since it appeared to catch all pad.

His interview or explanation of the situation on ESPN this morning was really amusing. He does not understand why it was his arm that got hurt. He said something along the lines of; "shouldn't I hurt some thing I use like my groin or a knee."

:blink:

What does he catch the puck with?

There's always been a debate as to whether the devils great defensive system over the years has been the reason Marty's career stats have looked out of this world.

thing is Brodeur never gets injured, and now we can see how great the system is without Brouder and if Kevin Weekes can can help them win without all-star caliber goaltending.

But brodeur being out 3-4 months already makes this a significant year, I mean as long as I've been watching he's always been in goal, as durable as they come. Now we can see how good the devils really are without their MVP.

Yeah... what a change this will be for them... over this post season I was saying that we over played Cam last year, since he cant play 81 games a year like Brodeur... I'm pulling for Weekes, but my hatred of the Devils runs deep *ahem.. Scott Stevens...ahem*.... I dont wish any player to get injuried, God knows we dont need any more injuries, but after so many years of steadiness and not needing a back up, I dont feel bad at all if they are unprepared and crash and burn.

I will however be oh so upset if we dont get the chance to smash the devils in the first round of the playoffs.. AGAIN.....