The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chiefs20167

Memorial Cup---Drayson Bowman and Justin McCrae

Also you can watch the games on NHL Network if you get that channel, I watched most of the Kitchener/Gatineau game and the end of the Spokane/Belleville. I think tomorrow Spokane is playing at 1:30ish so if you can view it I suggest doing so.

If Bowman keeps this pace up, it will certainly be worth it's own thread. That kid has been special this season and I'm sure it's been alot of fun to watch him dominate the WHL. Can't wait to see him back with the Hurricanes in the preseason.

Chiefs up 2-1 in the second, Drayson Bowman 1G 1A. His goal was a beauty, the goalie was slightly screened and he put it high glove side. No points for McRae so far this game, but the commentators have noted that they were impressed by him.

Are these two able to play in Albany next season or are they both still to young?

Bowman will only be 19 next year. McCrae will be a 20 year old.

If I'm correct the only way a player can be in the AHL is to be a 20 year old. Could be wrong.

And I think if Bowman would only be able to move up is if he was to stick with the Canes. Again, I could be wrong.

Bowman/McCrae and the Chiefs beat Kitchener Rangers (#1 in CHL all year, OHL Champions/MC Host) 2-1 today.

Bowman had 1G 1A +1 his goal was the game winner, was named 2nd Star. It's good to see Bows stepping up during the tournament.

The Chiefs #1 line, Bowman/Wahl/Bruton, have been clicking in these first two games.

McCrae was held pointless but no for lack of effort. Hustle no matter the situation.

Chiefs get a nice break and will be back at it on Tue.

Is there a place to follow these games online by chance--even via audio link?
These games are being shown on the NHL Network if you get the chanel.

Bowman will only be 19 next year. McCrae will be a 20 year old.

If I'm correct the only way a player can be in the AHL is to be a 20 year old. Could be wrong.

And I think if Bowman would only be able to move up is if he was to stick with the Canes. Again, I could be wrong.

Yeah it is a certain age when you go threw the Candian league. A player can play in the AHL at a younger age if they just go threw college. But the NHL has an agreement with those candian leagues like the OHL, QMJHL that a player can only be a certain age to play in the AHL and I think it is 20. So if you are younger than 20 you either have to stay in the NHL or be sent back to your junior league team. You can not play in the AHL. I did not know how old these two were. So if I am not mistaken McCrae would be able to play in Albany next season. Maybe Bowman also if he turns 20 before next season. And also a player younger than 20 that went threw juniors can play in the AHL also once there junior seasons are over. That was why Suter was able to play here in Albany because his Junior season was over.

A prospect has to either be over 20-years-old or have completed four seasons in their respective junior hockey league.

Bowman won't be eligible until next season, but this past season was McCrae's fourth season in the WHL so he is eligible to play in the AHL next year.

A prospect has to either be over 20-years-old or have completed four seasons in their respective junior hockey league.

Bowman won't be eligible until next season, but this past season was McCrae's fourth season in the WHL so he is eligible to play in the AHL next year.

That is what it is. Thanks. I knew I was kind of close.

do you guys thing Bowman will have a good shot at making the team next season? sounds like he's pretty much dominating..

Probably not a good shot, but you never know how good he will be in training camp and how much the coaches like him. He could in theory make the team, but I would way rather have him play top line minutes in Spokane than 4th line minutes with us.

One big issue's the foward situation. Bowman is not goin to play the 4th line, and he shouldn't...if he'd be up for a rookie season within the NHL, he should be on a scoring line, at least a 3rd liner.

So now we know there are still ~10 top 9 forwards, so there won't be room for Bowman or Sutter unless there will be some trades that give away some forward spaces in favor of defense.

Hm, in my opinion...maybe it's really time for that, a young 3rd line including Sutter and Bowman would be sweet, we'll see if this works out. Thinkin' about Cole and Whitney given away (just a sceanrio), I wonder if Cullen, as a tough grinder, could play on the fourth line...how would this look for you?

Ruutu - Staal - Walker

Samsonov - Brind'Amour - Williams

Bowman - Sutter - Eaves

LaRose - Cullen - Letowski

...kinda that...hmmmm...

I would say we're still atleast one year away from Bowman in the NHL, which isn't really bad. Another year in the WHL, especially with a team like Spokane, will only help him and improve his effectiveness when he eventually makes the jump to the NHL. I could definitely see the kid as the eventual replacement for Whitney in terms of what they can do on the ice.

Bowman, McCrae, and the Chiefs are guarenteed to play in the Memorial Cup Final on Sun. No matter what happens during their game on Tue. Belleville beat Gatinue (sp) which put the Chiefs in the final being 2-0. The Chiefs could end up 2-1 but have the tie breaker against Belleville and Kitchener since they beat both teams.

GO CHIEFS GO!!!

I would say we're still atleast one year away from Bowman in the NHL, which isn't really bad. Another year in the WHL, especially with a team like Spokane, will only help him and improve his effectiveness when he eventually makes the jump to the NHL. I could definitely see the kid as the eventual replacement for Whitney in terms of what they can do on the ice.

Personally, I'll wait to see what he can do in the big leagues. Prime example of this is our very own (for a short time) Marty Murray.

Murray absolutely tore up the WHL playing for my hometown Brandon Wheat Kings, but had very little NHL success...

Marty Murray WHL records:

He has just been amazing in this series. Not sure how he was in the regular season since I do not follow the CHL that close but I have been impressed with him in the Memorial Cup since I have watched these games.

I know its a bit off topic, but looking at Draysons picture I wasnt aware the WHL went to the RBK Edge system uniform as well.

Max did the AHL use the RBK edge too this past year?

I know its a bit off topic, but looking at Draysons picture I wasnt aware the WHL went to the RBK Edge system uniform as well.

Max did the AHL use the RBK edge too this past year?

Yes the AHL did use the RBK this past season also.

man im more interested in this at the moment than i am with the SCF.. watching some of the Bulls game i've really been impressed with the play of Mike Murphy, he caught my eye and i love the way he plays.. anyone know if he's been drafted yet? im working on a video for him at the moment.. can't wait to finish it.