The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chiefs20167

Memorial Cup---Drayson Bowman and Justin McCrae

man im more interested in this at the moment than i am with the SCF.. watching some of the Bulls game i've really been impressed with the play of Mike Murphy, he caught my eye and i love the way he plays.. anyone know if he's been drafted yet? im working on a video for him at the moment.. can't wait to finish it.

Me too, I havent even planned it but somehow I was able to watch most of every Spokane game. Drayson Bowman continues to impress the heck out of me, and Justin McCrae is working hard too but just not producing.

Good luck to Spokane in the Finals!! GO CHIEFS!

so are the finals set already? Spokane and Bulls or what? i saw Belleville (Bulls) beat Kitchener.. so does that mean they advance? i havent quite figured out how this works..

That game between the Bulls and Rangers was just the last round robin game for the tournament. It was a game that needed to be played anyway. The Semi Final on Friday between the Bulls and Rangers will determine who plays the Chiefs on Sun for the Cup. Whoever wins that game will play the Chiefs.

The Chiefs went 3-0 in the tournament but knew they were in the Finals on Mon when the Bulls played Gatineau and the Bulls won. It had to do with the tie breaker, the Chiefs would have won the tie breaker aginst the Bulls and Rangers since they had beat both. I don't remember what they said would have happened if Gatineau had beat the Bulls.

Standings

Chiefs 3-0 (beat Bulls, Rangers, Olympiques)

Bulls 2-1 (beat Olympiques, beat Rangers, lost to Chiefs)

Rangers 1-2 (best Olympiques, lost to Chiefs, lost to Bulls)

Olympiques 0-3

Hope that explains a bit. At least this is what I understand from watching the games.

That game between the Bulls and Rangers was just the last round robin game for the tournament. It was a game that needed to be played anyway. The Semi Final on Friday between the Bulls and Rangers will determine who plays the Chiefs on Sun for the Cup. Whoever wins that game will play the Chiefs.

The Chiefs went 3-0 in the tournament but knew they were in the Finals on Mon when the Bulls played Gatineau and the Bulls won. It had to do with the tie breaker, the Chiefs would have won the tie breaker aginst the Bulls and Rangers since they had beat both. I don't remember what they said would have happened if Gatineau had beat the Bulls.

Standings

Chiefs 3-0 (beat Bulls, Rangers, Olympiques)

Bulls 2-1 (beat Olympiques, beat Rangers, lost to Chiefs)

Rangers 1-2 (best Olympiques, lost to Chiefs, lost to Bulls)

Olympiques 0-3

Hope that explains a bit. At least this is what I understand from watching the games.

thanks a lot that really cleared it up. i'm hopefully watching that game tonight if it's on NHL Network.

man im more interested in this at the moment than i am with the SCF.. watching some of the Bulls game i've really been impressed with the play of Mike Murphy, he caught my eye and i love the way he plays.. anyone know if he's been drafted yet? im working on a video for him at the moment.. can't wait to finish it.

BTW here's that video...

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

man.. Belleville's gettin creamed... 7-0 after 2...

Honestly think also Bowman got rob of the MVP. He had what like 6 goals in 4 games and like 8 points. Think he should have gotten the MVP of the series.

Honestly think also Bowman got rob of the MVP. He had what like 6 goals in 4 games and like 8 points. Think he should have gotten the MVP of the series.

He did good, but Tokarski (sp?) did even better. He stopped 90 of 96 shots in the 3 games before the final, where he stopped 50ish against the team who had the most points in the regular season. It was a close call and IMO would have been the right choice either way.

btw is Tokarski drafted already? If not, even though we have plenty of goalie prospects we could still take a look at him.

Nope, Tokarski hasn't been drafted yet and is eligible for this year's draft. I'd also like to see the team take a chance on him, although I'm not quite sure where he is expected to be drafted.

Hey all. I had a blast posting updates and stuff on Bowman and McCrae this season and look forward to doing the same next season. Maybe there will be another Chiefs to be added to the list.

Everyone have a good summer and I'll talk to you later.