The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

River Rats Online Jersey Auction Opens Friday

Are there any projections as to what these jerseys are gonna go for? Obviously Leighton's 5OT jersey will get some outrageous bids, but some of the lesser known guys jerseys that aren't from that game are the ones I'm asking about. There's probably no way to tell ahead of time, but I was just curious if you or anyone else had some educated guesses as to what they expect to fetch per jersey.

Are there any projections as to what these jerseys are gonna go for? Obviously Leighton's 5OT jersey will get some outrageous bids, but some of the lesser known guys jerseys that aren't from that game are the ones I'm asking about. There's probably no way to tell ahead of time, but I was just curious if you or anyone else had some educated guesses as to what they expect to fetch per jersey.
Well some of those guys might not get that high at all becasue some of those guys were not here all that long so we did not get to know them that good. Guys like Yannick Tifu he was here maybe a month, Chris Blight here maybe 10 games, John Adams played 1 or 2 games here, Ryan Weston only played a handfull of games at most here also. Leighton's jersey would have went high anyways even if it was not from the 5 ot game because he was by far and away the most popular player here in Albany. Gillies jersey might get up there also because he was very very well liked here in Albany also.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I'd definitely consider placing a bid on one of the jerseys but I'm not looking to drop a paycheck one either.
Yeah I see your point.

I'm definitely gonna be keeping my eye on the jerseys during the summer. Might sneak in there and pick one up. I own a lot of NHL jerseys, but I don't have any AHL at the moment and definitely nothing game-worn. I considered purchasing a Norfolk Admirals jersey this past year since I'm living in the Norfolk area, but I never really got behind them being a North Carolinian and Hurricanes fan. Kinda hard to switch affiliations at the AHL level and pull for the Lightning of all people :)

I'm definitely gonna be keeping my eye on the jerseys during the summer. Might sneak in there and pick one up. I own a lot of NHL jerseys, but I don't have any AHL at the moment and definitely nothing game-worn. I considered purchasing a Norfolk Admirals jersey this past year since I'm living in the Norfolk area, but I never really got behind them being a North Carolinian and Hurricanes fan. Kinda hard to switch affiliations at the AHL level and pull for the Lightning of all people :)
Yeah and besides that the Lightning seem to have a very bad minor league teams.