The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

River Rats Photos

great pictures! i love the ones of Mike from pre-season. you should definitely upload more. it's great to have photos from the rats instead of the very few on the website. Also, great picture of the Captain. :)

Thanks! I'm working on uploading more from last season. Don't get me started on photographic content on the Rats website. Good shots, but far too few and mislabled as to who's in them. BTW, if anyone notices that I'VE tagged someone incorrectly leave me a comment with the photo. I'm usually pretty good, but I caught myself tagging a bunch of photos "Casey Borer" and, when looking at the larger shots, found that it was Nicholas Blanchard or Trevor Gillies (neither of which looks ANYTHING like Casey Borer). As for this season, any game I'm at there WILL be photos :)

Great shot of the Gillies fight lol... Lots of great shots.. I assume you sit right behind the glass?

Thats an interesting third jersey the Rats have (the red and yellow one) is that a throwback or just a third style? Will they have a black jersey this year? That would be neat.

Great shot of the Gillies fight lol... Lots of great shots.. I assume you sit right behind the glass?

Thats an interesting third jersey the Rats have (the red and yellow one) is that a throwback or just a third style? Will they have a black jersey this year? That would be neat.

Thanks. I am right at the glass, usually directly opposite the Rats bench (obviously). Getting Gillies in a fight is pretty easy, everyone else seems to throw down outside my good angles and that's why the shots of the bench going batty.

The red and yellow one is actually the Jersey they wear for one game and then auction off immediately following the game to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House charities. Last season they raised $22,955 with Leighton's jersey getting $1500. I don't know if they'll alter it for that auction this year. The third jersey they have at the moment is the one they have on in this season's preseason photos. I'd rather the black as well, but for purely selfish reasons - no noise in reds of my photos...lol