The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Carolina Reassigns Brett Carson To Albany

He'll be back, mark my words.
I really hope so. I was really surprised on how good he did in his time with the big club. So I hope so.

Surprised to see this happen. I made it a point to keep close watch over his play while he was here and what I saw was a player that was composed beyond his years. He looked like someone who had already spent stretches in the NHL, not someone who was making his debut. He made the smart pass, didn't panic under pressure, and didn't make the flagrant mistakes that can haunt some rookies. REALLY wish he would have stayed around.

was it him or Rodney that played like 27 minutes in his first game? whoever it was, that's amazing

It was Carson. I'm pleased he did as well as he did in Raleigh, but not all that surprised. You can see it in him up here (well, most of the time. He has had his off days just like the rest of the Rats defense this season). I'm pretty sure he'll be back in Raleigh before you know it. It will be nice to have him with the Rats for the weekend though :)

was it him or Rodney that played like 27 minutes in his first game? whoever it was, that's amazing
Rodney was up there in minutes also wasn't he?

Yeah, I think Rodney was the one who played 27 minutes, because he was paired with Pitkanen or Corvo.
I was not quiet sure who was over 27 minutes but I knew they were both up there in there first games.

The Carolina Hurricanes sent Brett Carson back to the River Rats today in time for their game in Norfolk, which begins in about 15 minutes.

Here's the press release:

Carolina Reassigns Brett Carson To Albany

River Rats Defenseman Played Five Games In His First NHL Recall

ALBANY, NY -- The Albany River Rats announced today that defenseman Brett Carson has been reassigned to Albany by the Carolina Hurricanes, their National Hockey League Affiliate.

Carson, 23, averaged 15:43 of ice time while playing in each of the Hurricanes last five games following his Dec. 7 recall from Albany. It marked the first NHL recall for the Regina, Sask., native, who ranks second among all River Rats defensemen with 11 points (1g, 10a) this season, while playing in 23 of the team's 28 games. Carson (6’4”, 220 lbs.) has earned 53 points (5g, 48a) in 163 career regular-season AHL games with Albany since turning professional in 2006-07. The Hurricanes drafted Carson in the fourth round, 109th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Carson joined up with the River Rats on Friday and is expected to be in the lineup as Albany again squares off with the Norfolk Admirals at 7:15 pm Friday night at Scope Arena. The River Rats next home game is scheduled for Saturday, December 27th at 5:00 pm against the Rochester Americans at the Times Union Center.

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack/200...get-defenseman/