The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

McKenna, Admirals Blank River Rats 5-0

God I am so disgusted with this team. Played a very good first period. After that forget it. Peters gave up every goal and every goal the team left him out to dry. Norfolk scored two 5 on 3 goals. Also on a goal it was tipped into the net by Carson. And on another goal Borer made a nice tape to tape pass. To bad that nice tape to tape pass was to a Norfolk player right in front of our net and they put it in. Do not know how many times this team is going to leave him out to dry. Only if we can get it threw there heads that they have to help out these goalies here. Seems like they work harder when ever Manzato is in net. Can not even begin to explain how disgusted I am with this team. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm right there with you Max (and I missed half the game). Last I heard it was 3 to 0 then came back and it's 5-0. The three goals I did hear (I'll trust you on the other two) you're right, Peters was hung out to dry. I expected better of our defense last night. I don't think I can fault Carson for the puck bouncing off of him and into the net (having not seen it, I'm only going by what Newkirk/Hennessey were saying that he was "in position, but it was a bad bounce") but I expected better play out of him having just done a good stint in Raleigh. Like I said, I missed a good chunk of the game, was offense at least trying and it was our defense that stunk? or were did they both stink?

Also sandpiper there is no way I am say we can not blame Peters also but these guys need to learn to help him out. And with the Carson thing I offten do not disagree with Owen because I think he is a decent guy calling games but this is one time I will disagree with him on Carson. Carson was screening Peters when he tipped it into the net. And there was no Norfolk player near him. When will these guys learn they can not screen there own goalies.