The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

What the...?! Noah Babin assigned to the Everblades??

Anyone else hear about this? Is it due to an injury and rehab playing? I don't want to ask if it's "punishment" for something because I've followed the Blades and they're a good team, but I'm not sure what I would call being sent down for something other than rehab but is it some form of "punishment?

and apparently he played with the Blades tonight and had 2 assists and a 2.00 minute "Delay of Game" penalty

well looks like he wast doing so well.. 22 games and 0 points.. he woulda been the headline of atleast 50 threads if he was on the canes and had those stats

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Babin was suppose to be an offensive d-man. But I could be completely wrong about that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Babin was suppose to be an offensive d-man. But I could be completely wrong about that.

I didn't think he was supposed to be either - I know he's done it, but I don't think it was "planned" - but I haven't read enough of the backstory on him to know for sure.

I am thinking this might have something to do with his -7 +/- rating...judging by his stats, thats all I can come up with. I am like yall, I dont think he is a true "offensive d-man" so the zero points aspect should not come into play.

Then again, he has only played in 22 of Albany's 36 games. He could have been injured and this is a conditioning stint.

River Rats defenseman Noah Babin, assigned on Friday to ECHL Florida, made a good first impression with the Everblades.

The 24-year-old Florida native picked up two assists in Florida's 6-3 home win over Charlotte Friday night. Babin was scoreless and minus-7 in 22 AHL games for Albany this season.

In other ECHL news, defenseman Steve Ward and goaltender David Leggio have been named to the American Conference team at the Jan. 21 All-Star Game in Reading, Pa. Ward plays for the hometown Royals, while Leggio is with Florida.

Voted by fans as the AC's starting goalie is Union College product Kris Mayotte of Johnstown. Mayotte attended River Rats training camp in 2006-07.

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack/200...03/fresh-start/

the only thing i remember about him is when he scored in pre season a couple years ago, which probly led me to think he had an offensive upside. but even defensive minded defensmen are capable of putting up a couple points.

I think alot was expected out of him after he came out of nowhere and filled the scoresheet late in the '06-'07 season. He just hasn't come close to that type of play since. I'd be surprised to ever see him in a Hurricanes' jersey as he currently sits behind Borer, Carson, Conboy, and Rodney on the call-up list. I would also expect players like Lawson and McBain to immediately jump ahead of him on that chart once they turn pro.