The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Albany Falls In Philadelphia

http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2409.asp''>http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2409.asp' target="_blank">http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2409.asp[/post]

First off sorry it took me so long to post on this game was waiting for the Rats to put a link on our website from this game but as of me posting this on this game here at 5 after 12 in the morning they still have not done it yet so I got the story from the Phantoms page. As for the game I really have to say I am so disgusted with this team after this performance. Other than not getting more than one goal tonight they owned this game threw the first two period tongiht. Outshot the Phantoms 23-8 threw the first two period. Only thing the did not do better was getting more than one goal threw the first two periods. Then came the third period. Just like normal when this team has a lead the just figured well we have a lead and we can sit on it. Came out and on the opening face off of the third period gave up a break a way and like three quick shots right after that. So gave up like four or 5 shot in the first like 15 seconds of the third period. This team really needs to learn how to not sit on there heels when they have a lead. Because threw the first two periods we should have killed them tongiht because we were by far and away the better team. To bad there had to be a third period tonight. I feel so bad for Justing Peters tongiht. The poor guy never gets any support from this team when he is between the pipes. The poor guys record now stands at 7 wins 15 losses and 2 overtime losses. With the way he has played there is no way his record should be that bad. But the team continues to leave him out the dry every time he plays. Giving him no support at all. I mean he has not been perfect this season but his record should be alot better if he had some support. This team works there butts off for Manazato but when Peters is in there forget it. Sorry guys just really frustrated with getting another loss in a game we should have won. Which there has been alot of them this season.

It was in my head and came out your fingers. I too am throughly disgusted with the game last night and with the way they play with Peters in net. I've begun to think that maybe Coach Daniels needs to start benching people (as happened to Flood earlier this season) until he figures out what (or who) the problem is - though it seems to be a collective screw up. If necessary ship some down to Florida and call some up. Make them work for the privilage of playing. I've noticed every player who's gone down to Florida has come back up better. Look at Tifu, or for that matter Peters. He was good before he got sent down last season. He played phenominal down there and came back a even better player. From what I read Babin chose to go down to Florida to get more playing time and it's done nothing but help him. He's got 5 points in 9 games with a +4. In Albany he was 0 points in 22 games and -7. Not forgetting the Florida players who've come up having worked for it and then continued to work once they got here. Herauf, Paiement, Reed this season, Cornacchia last season. Take a step back, make the hard call and do what needs to be done.

...and if that fails start putting them in the net and let Peters take shots at them to see how it feels to be slammed all game long. I've seen his shot, I wouldn't want to be in front of it.

I think we should have won this game. I think Monroe NEVER makes it easy for us, he's a remarkable goalie, but he played three straight. I don't care who you are, it wears on you. We should have been able to score last night.

The sad thing is it seems like all these players latley are waiting for Michael Ryan to put the puck in the net. He really seems like the only one who know how to do this for this team latley.

PHILADELPHIA, PA - The Philadelphia Phantoms scored three times in the third period for a 3-1 come-from-behind victory over the Albany River Rats Sunday night at Wachovia Spectrum.

Facing a bolstered Phantoms lineup and a goaltender who had posted three straight shutouts against them, the River Rats were looking to get a good start to the game. They did so by holding Philadelphia to just two shots on goal in the opening period and generating 14 shots on goaltender Scott Munroe. Albany broke Munroe

The sad thing is it seems like all these players latley are waiting for Michael Ryan to put the puck in the net. He really seems like the only one who know how to do this for this team latley.

I couldn't agree more.

One of the things that Owen Newkirk and John Hennessey talk about is that Petruzalek doesn't like to shoot and more often than not will pass the puck. Personally I think he passes the puck too much. I think the same could be said on occasion for Dodge and Helminen - though both appear to be working on that. To quote The Great One "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I would think - and having never played hockey myself maybe there's something I don't know or am missing - that if you're in front of the net and don't have someone to pass to, SHOOT THE PUCK. I mean seriously. How can you tell from where you are that the goalie can even see you. Hockey scoring is flukey 1/2 the time anyway. It could deflect and go in. Worse that could happen is the other team picks it up and you head back down the ice (which is what we spend 75% of the game doing anyway). Oh and don't even get me started on the lack of shooting on the power play - particularly the 5-on-3's.

They would rather pass when they have a wide open shot to take and shoot when they have a guy right in front of them and then they just shoot the puck right into there legs. That bothers the heck out of me.