The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Another Rat to answer call

By Phil Janack

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack/2009/feb/04/another-rat-answer-call/' target="_blank">http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack...at-answer-call/[/post]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third-year River Rats forward Jakub Petruzalek is on his way to sunny California.

Petruzalek will be formally recalled on Thursday by the parent Carolina Hurricanes, who are in the midst of a western road swing. The Canes, who lost at Vancouver on Tuesday night, are in San Jose Thursday and Phoenix on Saturday.

sandpiper214 sorry we took another Rat but I think we need him. I see from his stats it looks like he knows how to score and more importantly assist on scoring chances. I don't know much about him. Whats his game like? Do you think he can help us short term or can he stick with the big club?

By Phil Janack

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack/2009/feb/04/another-rat-answer-call/' target="_blank">http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/janack...at-answer-call/[/post]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third-year River Rats forward Jakub Petruzalek is on his way to sunny California.

Petruzalek will be formally recalled on Thursday by the parent Carolina Hurricanes, who are in the midst of a western road swing. The Canes, who lost at Vancouver on Tuesday night, are in San Jose Thursday and Phoenix on Saturday.

sandpiper214 sorry we took another Rat but I think we need him. I see from his stats it looks like he knows how to score and more importantly assist on scoring chances. I don't know much about him. Whats his game like? Do you think he can help us short term or can he stick with the big club?

He is a good player. He is more or less the type of player that likes to assist more than score. He is more like a playmaker. But in my opion there are times where he just make bad mistakes because there are times he thinks he has to do everything so he tries to get pretty. But if he does not do that than he is a decent player if you ask me.

sigh...I'll be fine :( ...lol ... I was driving to Glens Falls to get my ticket for this weekend when ESPN radio said that Jakub Petruzalek was being called up from the AHL for the Canes. I damn near drove off the road. Not because he got called up, he's a good player, but because they pronounced his name right. (Yak-ub Pet-true-zal-ik for those wondering) The call up is a good thing You call us up, we call up Everblade players. It gives the Blade players a chance to come up and show what they've got and they've been playing well too, so they've earned the chance.

He is a good player. He is more or less the type of player that likes to assist more than score. He is more like a playmaker. But in my opion there are times where he just make bad mistakes because there are times he thinks he has to do everything so he tries to get pretty. But if he does not do that than he is a decent player if you ask me.

Max thanks for the information. I hope his playmaking skills lead to some good scoring chances for the Canes.

Max thanks for the information. I hope his playmaking skills lead to some good scoring chances for the Canes.

sigh...I'll be fine :( ...lol ... I was driving to Glens Falls to get my ticket for this weekend when ESPN radio said that Jakub Petruzalek was being called up from the AHL for the Canes. I damn near drove off the road. Not because he got called up, he's a good player, but because they pronounced his name right. (Yak-ub Pet-true-zal-ik for those wondering) The call up is a good thing You call us up, we call up Everblade players. It gives the Blade players a chance to come up and show what they've got and they've been playing well too, so they've earned the chance.

Sandpiper214 many thanks. I like the way Ryan plays and perhaps as you say Ryan and Petruzalek compliment each other. Maybe it will be win-win for us. I can't promise to pronounce Petruzalex correctly for a while but I will try. I look forward to seeing him play. Good Luck to the Rats.

Sandpiper214 many thanks. I like the way Ryan plays and perhaps as you say Ryan and Petruzalek compliment each other. Maybe it will be win-win for us. I can't promise to pronounce Petruzalex correctly for a while but I will try. I look forward to seeing him play. Good Luck to the Rats.