The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Driver Of River Rats' Bus Cited For Negligent Driving

$50 fine. Seriously? It is nothing short of a miracle that no one was killed and he gets a $50 fine? It's no wonder people drive like maniacs. I don't think I can comment further without it being a rant. Im going to just thank whatever kept them safe and those that patched them up and not think about it or there's a good chance my head will explode.

I agree sandpiper. He puts 29 lives in danger breaking one guys neck and surpirsingly not killing any one on that bus or anyone passing by and all he gets is a $50 fine. Like I said he should have handcuffs on.

In hindsight, not traveling that night would have been most prudent. But, hotel rooms cost money. Accidents happen. If there were reports that the players and staff on the bus thought the driver was going too fast, then a stiffer penalty would be warranted. Behind bars would mean that intent or drugs/alcohol were involved. Obviously, blood chemistry results came back negative, so they charged the man with what they could under the current law.

Still, accidents happen.

In hindsight, not traveling that night would have been most prudent. But, hotel rooms cost money. Accidents happen. If there were reports that the players and staff on the bus thought the driver was going too fast, then a stiffer penalty would be warranted. Behind bars would mean that intent or drugs/alcohol were involved. Obviously, blood chemistry results came back negative, so they charged the man with what they could under the current law.

Still, accidents happen.

Yes they do but this one should have been avoided. He should have not been doing 70 in a zone that was posted at 40 because of the weather.