The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Peters, River Rats Stifle Philadelphia 2-0

http://www.theahl.com/headlines/index.html?article_id=9736

Also thought I should post this in here because once again we get a player screwed out of player of the week by the AHL. Justin Peters goes 2-0 on the weekend gives up 0 goals makes a total of 79 saves in two games 47 friday night in Providence and 32 lastnight against Philadelphia and yet again he get snubed by the AHL. So sick and tired of the AHL looking over Albany players for the player of the week. Sorry but just so disgusted how we always get overlooked for this.

We just need to ROAR at the games and give the guys the recognition they deserve.
Well I agree with that but still not right how our players always get overlooked. Tired of our players getting pushed aside by the AHL.

I agree they get ignored everywhere you turn. Local broadcast news (not all, but a good percentage), the AHL, the local populous. It aggravates me to no end. Sadly, I don't think it's ever going to change. I think it leaves it up to us to recognize them and to promote them and make noise online, offline and anywhere we can until someone wakes up and takes notice.

BTW, I was just looking at the goalie stats and Justin is the #1 shoot-out goalie in the league.