The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Rats Leftovers

Yeah Sutter really did. You can really tell there are things he needs to work on. Not that he has been really horrible but needs to work on some things.

Yeah Sutter really did. You can really tell there are things he needs to work on. Not that he has been really horrible but needs to work on some things.

He is feisty, has a good nose for the puck. He needs to gain some size, and work on a quick forehand release. He always seems to resort to the backhand to beat goalies with. He needs to get more confident with forehand shots up tight too, that way the goalies will have no idea what he is going to do. He needs some faceoff work too, but he was holding his own up in the NHL.

My dreamline for the Rats would be Petruzalak, Sutter, Boychuk with Murph as a netminder. Y'all got some decent defensemen back there. I'd like to see Boychuk, Petru, and Sutter mature together and come up together as a scoring line ready to go out of the box. I know Sutter needs to gain about 20 pounds or so...heck, 10 would be nice.

I guess I need to get a Sutter Rats Jersey now......and a Murph one too. I might even have to catch some Rats games next year.

He is feisty, has a good nose for the puck. He needs to gain some size, and work on a quick forehand release. He always seems to resort to the backhand to beat goalies with. He needs to get more confident with forehand shots up tight too, that way the goalies will have no idea what he is going to do. He needs some faceoff work too, but he was holding his own up in the NHL.

My dreamline for the Rats would be Petruzalak, Sutter, Boychuk with Murph as a netminder. Y'all got some decent defensemen back there. I'd like to see Boychuk, Petru, and Sutter mature together and come up together as a scoring line ready to go out of the box. I know Sutter needs to gain about 20 pounds or so...heck, 10 would be nice.

I guess I need to get a Sutter Rats Jersey now......and a Murph one too. I might even have to catch some Rats games next year.

This past Sunday our booster club had there annual awards dinner with the players. And we sat with Petruzalak and Aaron Clarke. And Petruzalak told us the way he feels right now he is not coming back next season. He wants to play over in Europe. His contract is up after this season. He did not say he was going to go for sure but he said that is how he feels right now. So chance are he is not going to be back.

Oh no......Petro was awesome. I hate to hear that. The game he played up here for the Canes, he was quite the performer. He even got an assist.

Oh no......Petro was awesome. I hate to hear that. The game he played up here for the Canes, he was quite the performer. He even got an assist.
Yeah he seemed like he was really confused on what he wanted to do for next season. I think he really loves playing over here but really sounds like he is homesick. Like he just wants to be closer to home. Like I said he said he was not 100% sure that was what he was going to but he said that is what his heart was telling him right this second. I did talk with Trevor Gillies as well about weather he would be back next season and he said there was intereste on Carolina's part on re-signing him. And he said he was seriously thinking about it because he loves playing in this organazation.