The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Albany Wins Season Finale 3-2

The River Rats got goals from Mark Flood, Michael Kennedy and Pat Dwyer in the first period and held off Binghamton in their regular-season finale at the former Knickerbocker Arena.

Out of postseason contention since March 28, Albany finished the year winning two of its last three games following an eight-game losing streak and wound up at 33-40-3-4. The Senators, who were eliminated from the Calder Cup playoffs at home Friday night, ended at 41-30-5-4.

The game featured a wild brawl 6:59 into the second period involving all 10 skaters on the ice, including Rats goalie Justin Peters and Binghamton's Jeff Glass, who had come on in relief of starter Mitch O'Keefe in the first period. A total of 102 penalty minutes were handed out, and six players ejected by referee Francis Charron, three from each side.

Albany is conducting its exit interviews on Easter Sunday, starting at noon, before breaking up for the summer.

Binghamton 1 0 1

I also was estatic to see Blanchard and Borer hit the ice (and of course Petey hit the visiting goalie :D )

It took a minute to register that Blanchard was out there. i saw 26 come out of the tunnel and since I was on a different angle, it took me a minute to register.

OF COURSE there are pictures of all of it - did you even need to ask...lol

They might even be uploaded tonight, though not labelled until tomorrow. I'll post when they're up.

:)