The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Jakub Petruzalek to Finland

Can not really say that I am all that sad to see him go. I personalty think he was one of those players that if things did not go his way he would not play that hard. Like there was times when the Canes were calling up alot of players getting called up and he was not one of them he just seemed to say *edit* it and decided to just give up. So overall not sad to see him go.

We cannot keep players this year. Not good.

most of what we lost to Europe and Russia were marginal players at best at the NHL level.

most of what we lost to Europe and Russia were marginal players at best at the NHL level.

in regards to Murley and LaCouture I agree. I think Petruzalek had the potential to play exceptionally well at the NHL level. In my opinion, however, I think he didn't want to have to put the work in at the AHL level to get there. He could do it when he chose to, it just appeared that 1/2 the time he felt like it was beneath him (keeping in mind this is only my opinion)

in regards to Murley and LaCouture I agree. I think Petruzalek had the potential to play exceptionally well at the NHL level. In my opinion, however, I think he didn't want to have to put the work in at the AHL level to get there. He could do it when he chose to, it just appeared that 1/2 the time he felt like it was beneath him (keeping in mind this is only my opinion)

you have probably hit the nail on the head with that one, i am sure most Europeans of his caliber don't take kindly to the AHL just look at Babs a few years ago.

I do have to say I appreciate that he didn't just cut and run in the middle of the season. He honored his commitment and that alone puts him in a different class than the other two

This is disappointing. I remember in his preseason stint, he played with quite a bit of edge. He seemed to have a lot more strength than someone like Bayda despite being the same size. And he obviously had a bit of scoring touch. Oh well.

:blink: He knows this Hurricane team is practically Oulu and Vantaa West, right? XD I'll always remember that late night game in San Jose and him playing very well for us. It's a shame to see him go. Looks like he's gonna pull a Tim Thomas on us.

And I agree with sandpiper he played well when he felt like it here. Not that he had a bad attitude or anything because he did not but it just really seemed like if things were not going the way he wanted them to he would just say heck with it and give up. Like not this season that just past but the season before when the Canes were going threw all kinds of injurys we really saw him act like this. There was one time when the Canes needed a player because there was a player hurt and JR asked Tom Rowe who he thought would be the right guy to call up. And Tom Rowe said it was between Brandon Nolon and Petruzalek. Because both were playing amazing at that time. But for the type of player that Carolina needed Nolon just was a better fit at that moment for what Carolina needed so Rowe told them to take Nolon. Not that Petruzlaek did not deserve it but Nolon was the better player for what Carolina needed. And from that point on if just seemed like Petruzlek said heck with it. There were time this season where he did great but other time he was just out right horrible. And in those times he was horrible he just seemed like he had that attitude again like well things are not going my way so heck with it I will just give up.

Petruzalek was called up this year and had an assist on a great play. I think he had great potential, and even though a lot of people don't seem sad to see him go, I am.