The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Florida Extends Qualifying Offers to Eight Players

If these guys sign a contract with the Everblades then do they play only for the Everblades? (i.e. sort of a 1-way ECHL contract?) I'm not sure how it works with the minors, are they still considered in the Cane's "system" or are they "career minors" guys playing full time for the Blades? Were these guys even in the Canes system to begin with?

If these guys sign a contract with the Everblades then do they play only for the Everblades? (i.e. sort of a 1-way ECHL contract?) I'm not sure how it works with the minors, are they still considered in the Cane's "system" or are they "career minors" guys playing full time for the Blades? Were these guys even in the Canes system to begin with?

I don't believe it's one way. If I'm not mistaken Herauf had the same contract last season then then got called up to, and signed by, the Rats. Honestly, I'm really not sure how all of that works. If anyone has a place to find a reliable answer to how all the levels/signings/call-ups/etc works please post it because I'd love to understand it all better.

I usually post stuff that is either general team information that might be of interest, Blades that I know are definitely in the Canes system or those that have come up to play for the Rats and might be in the Canes system

Guys who who are not sent to Florida by Carolina are not Carolina prospects. So guys who sign contracts with ECHL teams are property of those ECHL teams while they are in the ECHL. They are still considered free agents at the NHL and AHL levels. They can get out of there ECHL contracts if they are signed by and AHL or NHL team. So no none of those guys have anything to do with the Canes unless the Canes decide to sign any of them down the road. And then the Canes would more than likley send them here to Albany first see how they are here and if they still need to go back then send them back to Florida.