The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sandpiper214

Rats Booster Club Photos

The Backstory: I joined the River Rats Booster Club last season at the nagging prompting of Max and his wife :) The booster club president asked me if I wanted to do the photos (or most of the photos) for the events for the 2009/2010 season. I, of course, said yes. What does this mean for all of you here at the Canes board? WELL it means that not only will you be getting photos from 99.9% of the Rats home games, some away games and even some Everblades games BUT you will also get to see some of your future prospects participating in events - Bowl-a-thon, Rat-i-cal night out (where the players are the waitstaff, among other things) as well as the fans from Albany who are part of the Booster Club.

Unless there is a general consensus that you don't want the links to the Booster photos I'll post them as events occur. I figured "In the System" was as good a place as any since it involves the Rats (sorta) and I thought you might want to see what the boys are up to in Albany when they're not on the ice.

This is the first album for the Booster Club. It's the playhouse that was done to be raffled and will benefit the Albany Ronald McDonald House Charities. In May GNH Lumber donated all the materials and with their advice the Booster Club built this playhouse that will be auctioned off at the first Rats home game with proceeds going to benefit the Charity.

There will be a picnic at the end of July so you will get to see some Rats fans then. I'm not sure what's coming up that will involve the players, but I'll keep you posted.

Booster Club Sets: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandpiper214/collections/72157621297491008' target="_blank">http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandpiper214/...157621297491008[/post]

Just to let you know there will be nothin to do with the players untill at least October or November.

It is about time you got those pictures up :lol: Considering this was last years picnic :lol:

To the group:

Ignore him, they are NOT last years photos (such a brat)

To Max:

You wanna go?

3434630392_ea1cca2d08_m.jpg

let's go.

3433826055_1e01c50ae9_m.jpg

I've been training with the best

3434643740_c5ba018f2e_m.jpg

LOL...can anyone tell I figured out how to post photos in the thread? I'll try not to over do it.

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like fun, as most booster club picnics/gatherings tend to be. And, sorry for this, Chris, but...."Hey, ref! you suck!"

So, when are you ratical Booster club folks from Albany going to visit Raleigh? Any plans for this upcoming season? You've got to let us know, so we can properly host you guys.

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like fun, as most booster club picnics/gatherings tend to be. And, sorry for this, Chris, but...."Hey, ref! you suck!"

So, when are you ratical Booster club folks from Albany going to visit Raleigh? Any plans for this upcoming season? You've got to let us know, so we can properly host you guys.

As a whole booster club we will more then likley not have a bus trip down there any time in the near future. We have a hard time getting a bus trip to see the Rats play. But I know a few of our booster club members made a trip down there on our own last season to see a game. at different times during last season. I was in Raleigh back on January 31st for the game against Atlanta.

I'm probably making a trip to SC sometime before the end of the year. I'm trying to convince my fellow travelers to detour to Raleigh but they're not hockey people so it's proving difficult.

I'm probably making a trip to SC sometime before the end of the year. I'm trying to convince my fellow travelers to detour to Raleigh but they're not hockey people so it's proving difficult.
Well you can change travel partners if you want and take us on the trip with you. We would love to make a trip to Raleigh I mean South Carolina :lol:

My mother could silence Trevor Gillies with a look...lol...not a doubt in my mind that you wouldn't stand a chance
Bring her on :lol:

LOL... the ahl schedule and hockey can't come soon enough
The schedule is suppos to be out this week sometime from what the Rats front office told us. And I agree still way to long before the season starts.