The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
eggy21

Top 10 Prospects

Bowman is not our best prospect. Sutter or Boychuk are. But you never know who of yours prospects will be the best NHL-er.

But Drayson is seriosly underrated. The kid is just good and will have success on NHL. I'd love to see him plays on Staal wing ( he's big fan of Eric Staal and i like Drayson's style). The future :).

I agree for the most part, though I think Nick Dodge should be somewhere on that list. I'm making it top 11 and putting Murphy in the 11th slot until I see him play and how he does in a game at the higher level. I don't doubt he's good, but I'd like to see it for myself.

I say Sutter, Boychuk then Bowman.

According to hockeysfuture.com our top 10 in order are:

1. Zach Boychuk, C

2. Brandon Sutter, C

3. Drayson Bowman, LW

4. Jamie McBain, D

5. Zac Dalpe, C

6. Mike Murphy, G

7. Brett Carson, D

8. Casey Borer, D

9. Chris Terry, LW

10. Kyle Lawson, D

Unfortunately, they ranked our prospects 20th in the NHL.

Strengths: The club's top three forwards could be in the NHL opening-day lineup next season. Sutter's already proven he belongs, and Boychuk and Bowman could join him. Between the pipes, the club has the rights to the OHL's top goaltender, Mike Murphy, who displayed game-stealing talent throughout the year, along with Justin Peters to back up 25-year-old Cam Ward. The Hurricanes have great flexibility between the pipes. Weaknesses: Overall quality. After the first few prospects, the talent really dips markedly. The organization is does not have a mine of quality players from which to build for the future. Many of the club's prospects are marginal at best, and beyond the aforementioned players, game-breakers or even premium-quality players are lacking.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/carolina_hurricanes

I don't entirely agree. That top 10 is pretty solid, NOT just the top 3.

1. Boychuk, C

2. Bowman, LW

3. McBain, D

4. Sutter, C

5. Paradis, C

6. Dalpe, C

7. Terry, LW

8. Murphy, G

9. Borer, D

10. Samson, RW

I think we have a lot of our prospects are very underrated. I think all of these guys can be in the NHL within 4 years, with the exception of Murphy, he may take more time to develop as goalies usually do.

1. Boychuk, C

2. Bowman, LW

3. McBain, D

4. Sutter, C

5. Paradis, C

6. Dalpe, C

7. Terry, LW

8. Murphy, G

9. Borer, D

10. Samson, RW

I think we have a lot of our prospects are very underrated. I think all of these guys can be in the NHL within 4 years, with the exception of Murphy, he may take more time to develop as goalies usually do.

I'm glad someone was paying attention and included Borer , though I think Carson should have stayed on the list.

You could switch out Samson for Carson, but I think Samson has shown some big strides towards developing an offensive upswing, and a good shot. Carson in my opinion is already NHL-ready.

You could switch out Samson for Carson, but I think Samson has shown some big strides towards developing an offensive upswing, and a good shot. Carson in my opinion is already NHL-ready.

AH... using that wording then I would agree that Carson doesn't need to be on the list.

I too would put Samson up higher also. When he first came here to Albany I really did not think we would get alot out of him. But he has turned into a real good player. Would not be at all surprised to see him get a call up at some point this season. To be honest surprised he has not earned a call up yet.

I don't think it's gonna take him another 4 years. He's already had 3 in the OHL, and he's probably going to play in the AHL this year. The consensus seems to be that when Leighton's contract expires, either he or Peters will make the jump to the NHL. If he has a good season, it could be him. That's not certain, but I definitely don't think it will take him 4 years. If it took him that long, he would be a year older than Peters is now. And he has more natural talent than Peters. And remember Cam Ward only played 1 full year in the AHL (not that I'm likening him to Wardo). Anyway, I think he's NHL ready in 1-2 seasons, 3 tops.

i like dalpe i think he will be pretty good, he had solid numbers as a fresh on goof osu team. is dumuolin going to get top 4 min at BC? as of right now id think dalpe is ahead of paradis. remember dalpe was ranked in the 20's on most scouting reports and we were considering him in the first last year.